Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else?

I was just wondering if anyone else here has ever had trouble with sleeping for over 20 hours and not been able to be woken up ... my DH tried to wake me for hours... yet I was unresponsive... scared the bee gees outta of him my DD and myself when I found out what happened... this use be once in a blue moon... but over the last 2 weeks it has happened about 4 times... my neuro wants to schedule a sleep study but that won't be till Oct... so now everytime I go to sleep I wonder if I will wake up in the ER cause the neuro said the next time it happens DH should call an ambulance...
    Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I haven't changed meds.. and I don't drink...
    thanks.

This may be a dumb question, but are you getting enugh sleep most of the time? After my dx, I found that I had to go to sleep earlier to get up at the same time in the morning. Things do seem to tire me out more than before, too.

I try to plan things out so I don't do too much each day, too, and to make sure I get rest.
    As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Sleep ... my fav hobby!

I'm impressed - my record is 16 hrs!

Seriously, I have always enjoyed sleeping and require min 7 hrs/night on a regular basis. I can get by with less but eventually my body will stop. In college I could go 2 wks on 4-5 hrs/night before I stopped. Now, in a post-dx era, I can do 2-3 days of 5-6 hrs/night before my body shuts down.

The first couple of times dh witnessed this, like yours, it scared him. I was basically comatose for 12-14 hrs.

I know that now this is at least partially MS fatigue related, in addition to pushing myself too far. In my younger years fatigue may or may not have been a minor factor.

Personally I would question the quality of your sleep in addition to the quantity. If you aren't getting quality sleep your body requires this may be its way of getting what it needs.

I agree with your doc though, an ambulance should be called if it happens again. Something more than sleep issues may be going on, especially since it has recently escalated.
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Sleep

I could sleep around the clock and still want to sleep more.

I'm wondering how many who feel this way are on Cymbalta; my sleeps issue has worsened since I started it. As a matter of fact I wonder how many people who have sleep issues are on antidepressant type meds? I'm going to try to go off the Cymbalta.

Only been on it for a few weeks so perhaps it will not be as hard as I've heard.

Diane
        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
        X