MS hug, please help…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS hug, please help…

I’ve had it off and on for about a week, I called my doctor and they said it sounds like stress, my vision is now blurry at times, I have sharp shooting pain throughout my body just about all day and my right leg is feels like I’m having a charlie horse all day long, they did give me Baclofen a week and a half ago and I’ve been on Gabapentin for about 6 months, I’m also on Ty, but I’m still so uncomfortable it’s not even funny…. I’m not sure what to do I’m in pain and uncomfortable!!! I’m at a loss…plus my doc seems to think that pain isn’t really an issue with MS Thank you....
    ~Nick~

Your pain is way beyond the "MS Hug" - a tight banding around the ribcage.

Is it your neuro that thinks that pain is not an issue with MS? If so, find yourself a new neuro.

Extreme all over shooting body pain needs attention. Not all pain is MS related. Call your PCP or neuro soon (whichever one will listen to you about your pain).

Be well,

Comment

Is it your neuro that thinks that pain is not an issue with MS? If so, find yourself a new neuro.Yes...it is my neuro, but I'm scared to go through all that again with a new neuro that doesn't know me, ya know....
      ~Nick~

Comment

Neuros who think that there is no pain associated with MS are WAY behind in their education. They're living in the dark ages, and there's no telling what other archaic ideas they might have. I would also recommend finding a new one, one who has kept up with the times.

I hope you get some relief from the pain soon. I've been having "hug" issues this week too. I thought I was heading into another flare up, but it seems to have been just a two-day event.

You might try a heating pad on your ribs. I know heat can be bad, but it can help the muscles relax. How much baclofen are you taking?
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

If you are having these pains, and blurred vision along with increasing muscle spasms - it sounds like a flare to me. Especially since it has lasted this long. I would call and demand an appointment. Good luck.
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Working...
          X