Burcitus what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burcitus what?

I was just diagnosed with burcitus of the hips. I assume due to one of my many falls and the fact my right leg occasionally malfunctions. I don't know, I am ambulating along with my cane and my right leg does not get a signal and things go badly from there.

I am learning more about burcitus and it is freaky. It seems like I take one step forward and fall two steps back. Never would have guessed burcitus as possible fallout.

Anyone else have experience with this little phonomena? What works for you? I have been told to do less but seriously I do very little as it is.

It's common to think of bursitis as an old person's affliction, but there are plenty of bursa sacs in your body that can become irritated from injury or overuse at any age.

I've had lots of tendonitis over the years, irritation of tendons. My good friend has a giant bursa sac inflamed behind her knee. It's huge!

Sorry that you are having this problem with your hip. My most effective help for things like this is an ice pack off and on throughout the day. My fave icepacks are the ones from the drugstore that come with a fleece fabric sleeve/bag. They stay cold a very long time, and the fabric cover insures you don't freeze your skin.

Comment

I do not have bursitis, but am currently working on some mass tort litigation where a decent number of potential clients have developed bursitis. A majority of them have gotten some relief from cortisone (or other steroid) injections as that tends to help with the inflammation that causes bursitis. You'd definitely want to talk it over with your doctor, but it might be worth a shot. Forgive the play on words, totally unintended.

Comment

When I first started having problems with my hip I was told it was bursitis by my Orthopedic doc. He numbed up the area and gave me shots in 8 different areas of cortisone, to bad he was wrong as it was a Femoroacetabular Inpingement
        and it was kind of like what you described, the best thing to do is ask about an inpingement especially if you have had any kind of trauma to it which I had and also part was due to birth defect and everyones friend Arthur.

I had to have an MRI of the hip with contrast and all I can say if they do that and want to put dye into the hip ask to be put to sleep. I've had 3 and 2 I was awake for and they just numb you up and watch on a screen where the needle is going as it goes into the center if the hip joint. So now you know how long the needle is and sleep is good and to think after that I still cringe at that tiny Rebif needle

Comment

I fell down my driveway playing basketball about six years ago and injured my shoulder and my knee. I never saw a doctor (silly me!), though I probably should have because I now have a pretty big dent in my left knee cap. And that's the knee the hurts all the time. I think I probably have bursitis in it. Sometimes it hurts so bad when I'm trying to turn over in bed at night that I almost scream in pain.

Just another thing to add to the list of malfunctioning parts!
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I have had bursitis in both hips without any injury to them. They usually flare up in the spring when the weather warms up and I begin taking my dog for long walks outside. I have had cortisone injections and it really does help. I think thats the only real treatment other than ibuprofen.

Comment

Working...
            X