Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual summer relapse?

Hi all,

Every summer I go through the same thing - abdominal pain and poor digestion that I think is an ovarian cyst (as I had a large one removed 3 yrs ago) that never is. It eerily happens every Aug. It's happening to me now, and my abdominal pain has subsided but now I have a headache that brings me to tears it's so bad, I had a fever and ear ache that went away, but can't shake the headaches.

Is it common/plausible that this is an MS recurrence that happens to me every year in summer? I don't go out and lay on the beach often but I am definitely in the heat more in summer (living in central CA). I've officially been diagnosed with transverse myelitis but it's been a while since I've had an MRI - so it could very well be MS.

Anyone heard of recurrences on such a regular schedule? I'm not sure how I should try to treat this and break the cycle. Thanks for any thoughts/insights.

-Mariah

I seem to have an exacerbation of symptoms (I haven't been diagnosed yet) every spring, usually in April or May, and every fall, usually in September or October. But I think I'm having another flare up right now, which is kind of off schedule. And summer is always bad for aggravating symptoms.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

bless your heart!
      it sounds very painful. have you any other things going on different in your life in early august besides the heat?

extra stress, work, exertion that could be bringing on these sx's?
      i have a pretty regular schedule of relapses also. but i'm pretty sure it's overdoing it and stress causing mine in the fall right around early november.

maybe a dr. can shed some light on this. while you're having sx's is the best time to go to your dr. so they'll know exactly what's going on.
      I'm glad it's not been a tumor again, but it does sound like something needs to be done.

hope you get the medical advice/ attention you need. let us know how you're doing.
      take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
      X