X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body trembling. Is this MS?

For the past two months an old symptom from the time of
    my MS onset has returned. My body has spells of trembling
    and I feel shaky all over. I hold out my hands and they are trembling. I have to have my mother bring my glass of orange juice to my desk because my hands are so shaky I would sloush the contents of the cup all over the rug. While drinking from a cup my hand is unsteady and moving back and forth so I often use both hands to drink from a cup. This has come back with a new symptom of prickly heat coming up the back of my neck and spreading over my brain or scalp. It's hard to tell. Have any of you had this?
    It sure seem like my central nervous system is being effected and MS is a disease of the central nervous system.
    The shakiness hits when there is no reason for me to be nervous. Even as I key this I see my fingers are trembling
    on the key board.
    Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
    ******Surfer ED******

Hello Edge Of Ruin,

Yes, it's a symptom of MS called Tremors. Information about tremors:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...mor/index.aspx
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Tremors were one of my first symptoms. It started with just my hands shaking, but then I'd shake all over, especially when I was in bed. My legs would be shaking so much that I thought it was from the ceiling fan downstairs. But it wasn't. Even now, if I take too hot of a shower or get really tired or upset, I get really shaky. (Kind of scared me because my dad has Parkinsons.) I also have tremors while I'm falling asleep sometimes.

So, I'd say your trembling is from MS. You might want to report it to your doctor.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Yes, I get them from time to time. They are not my favorite. I hold my hands together on my desk when they happen. HUGS, I am sorry to hear that you have them too.
        Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
        ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I get an occasional tremor, but I also have a question (not to thread jack, but it is related) is it possible to feel like you are having tremors, but not have any visible trembling?

Comment

Originally posted by DancingPhalanges View Post
            is it possible to feel like you are having tremors, but not have any visible trembling?
            I have some idea what you might be talking about but you may need to explain a bit more

I experience shaking (tremors) in two different ways:
            (1) my hands shake and it is visible.
            (2) I shake internally, I feel it but it is not visible.

The other thing that comes to mind is abnormal sensations such as buzzing/vibrations. This feels like a cell phone on vibrate or if you stand/sit on an air-conditioning unit.

There is a difference in what I refer to as tremors (shaking) and the buzzing/vibrations sensations.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

shaky

i get terribly shaky when i get nervous...to the point where i can hardly walk...ugh
              gail

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                I have some idea what you might be talking about but you may need to explain a bit more

I experience shaking (tremors) in two different ways:
                (1) my hands shake and it is visible.
                (2) I shake internally, I feel it but it is not visible.

The other thing that comes to mind is abnormal sensations such as buzzing/vibrations. This feels like a cell phone on vibrate or if you stand/sit on an air-conditioning unit.

There is a difference in what I refer to as tremors (shaking) and the buzzing/vibrations sensations.
                I guess maybe when I think about it, the sensation is more like the 2nd one you described. I just wasn't really sure how to explain it! LOL... stupid strange indescribable sensations! Thank you.

Comment

I also shake internally like you both described. The fun doesn't stop there, I also will get another fun one where I feel like I am rocking on the ocean on a boat. It is great.
                  Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
                  ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I feel it too

I get the tremors and shakes also.
                    I am undiagnosed as of right now. (new Neurologist next Monday)
                    I call the internal shakes "My little earthquakes" I describe it as I feel like my bones are shaking...The Drs I have been going to look at me like I'm crazy.
                    I also found out just the other day that hot showers make me shake terribly. This was my arms and my legs and was very noticeable.
                    I have also been told by my now fired Dr that my rocking sensation is not typical of MS. I was told if things were spinning it would be. I have had both the spinning and the rocking but the last two attacks I have had the rocking motion.
                    DX 10/26/11

Comment

i get terribly shaky when i get nervous...to the point where i can hardly walk...ugh

When I get nervouse or excited, all of my symptoms and problems get worse.

And the internal quivers are something too. I can feel them, but no one else can. My neuro says that is typical and takes my word for it.

Comment

@nappy,
                        yeah, me too! and I sometimes I when I am excited or nervous and I am trembling, shaking and walking badly my speech slurs, which isnt part of my "usual" symptoms". (I am undiagnosed)
                        *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

shakes

I get them inside and out. The funniest was when I went for a walk with my ipod on and tucked the phone on mute in my back pocket, when I got home I had 5 missed calls because I had the vibrations but couldn't feel the phone vibrating in my pocket.. I have been having vibrations on my left side recently but sometimes I get them head-to-toe.
                          RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
                          on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
                          Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!!!

I AM SO GLAD I CAME ACROSS THIS POST. I HAVE BEEN HAVING TREMORS IN MY HANDS (VISIBLE) THIS ENTIRE YEAR. WHEN I TRY TO HOLD MY COFFEE CUP AND ALSO WHEN I TYPE, IT IS NOTICEABLE. ALSO, MY INTERNAL TREMORS-THANK YOU FOR THAT VERBAGE!!-TENDS TO HAPPEN MAINLY IN MY BACK, UP AND DOWN MY SPINE AND ALSO IN MY ARMS. I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING THAT I WAS IMAGINING. NOW WHEN I GO BACK TO SEE MY NEURO, I WILL KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO HIM!! GLAD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME THINGS. HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!

Comment

In the days when I could actually ride a bicycle, my soon-to-be bad left leg would jerk uncontrollably when I sat down afterwards. I used to ride 10kms.
                              Full-scale banging up and down, rattling the furniture etc. It would stop if I pressed down hard on my thigh.
                              I was still walking fine, no limp at all, at the time.
                              These days I could no sooner ride a bicycle than walk a tightrope in high heels, but no tremors.
                              Swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X