please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help!

my last episode started june 26th or so. original symptoms have improved while other symptoms have come on. my question is, is it possible to just have heaviness n not permanent damage? my right arm, and right leg n foot are heavy and my foot drags. i see my neuro in 2 weeks. im really worried because my last mri showed new lesions, n im not on any meds bc im pregnant. tho i start ivig therapy monday. please help

I don't know what to say but you are in my prayers. I was not formally diagonosed until I was 60 years old although I had many minor symptons for 20 years.

Comment

Well, I don't know and they probably won't either - your doctors I mean. I have an eye droop that came on in January. I asked about it going away, and they gave me some line about how "you never know with MS." which I took to mean - probably not.

I was just diagnosed in January, and only really had a clue in December - but honestly none of my symptoms ever go away so I cannot be of much help. THey don't really improve either. We do what my neuro likes to call "masking" of some of them with the meds. My spasticity and nerve pain is pretty bad, so we mask those.

I hope that you do see improvement, good luck. THis disease is a real MonSter. HUGS
      Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I guess i do just have to wait n see thanks guys

Comment

Yep, a lot of times a Wait and See is the only thing to do. In many cases it does get better, sometimes only a little, but others back to no problem. Best of Luck.
          Bill
          Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Wait and see is probably best.

I had my first real flare (right side muscle weakness in leg, foot, arm and hand) starting May 25th. I opted to forgo the steroids, and the neuro told me that unless I started them right away that they wouldn't be much help.

The problem persisted for about two weeks, as the neuro estimated. My neuro said that it could be up to 6 months to completely recover from this flare, and at that point we would know if any of the damage was permanent or not.

I've had some stiffness but definite improvement since the two week mark. I've been doing OT once a week since the middle of June.

I am now almost back to 100%.

Good luck to you.

Comment

thanks everybody. ive been really scared, but im just gonna take it day by day

Comment

The maybe good news is that in the third trimester of pregnancy, often MS symptoms get better....

Comment

Working...
                X