Medical Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bills

Hey everyone. I was dx on 6-27 with RRMS. I have health insurance, but it only covers 80%. I had the gammit of tests, LP, bloodwork, VET, 5 days IV roids, opthamologist, neuro bills, etc. Long story short, I now owe almost $3k out of pocket. Anyone know of any medical bill assitance out there? TIA!

Vanessa

Check with your local NMSS chapter. If they can't help you, they may be able to help to find someone who can.

Otherwise, talk to the hospital/doctor about financial options / make a payment agreement with the hospital. My hospital will take as little as $ 25 a month payment with no questions asked about finances. You just have to tell them you want to make an arrangement.

Comment

Yes, talk to the Medical Facility. They will usually allow a very easy payment plan, even if it takes a few years to pay the bill, if you are paying they are fine. They will do this since there is so much that they have to just write off.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I was diagnosed when I was a student, with negative income. I called the hospital and let them know my situation. They tried to put me on a payment plan, and I explained to them that as a student, I literally had no income, and that pay $1000 right now is no different than paying it over the course of a year, either way I don't have the money. I finally convinced them, and they wrote the whole thing off. Most hospitals have a certain amount of 'charity work' that they perform, and in that case I qualified for it. I don't recommend doing this unless you absolutely have no other option, as you might be taking the money away from someone who really needs it (like a student with negative income).

Comment

Working...
        X