No announcement yet.

In a horrible mood!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update. I'm feeling a bit better emotionally today. I'm pretty sure that was caused by the Xanax. Hopefully it won't happen again, because that was bad. I'm NEVER that anti-social and cranky.

Today I'm feeling more sociable and have talked to my dad and my soon-to-be-ex-husband on the phone. I probably won't go out today though, as physically, I just can't handle the heat. (Plus, my ribs and my right hand are hurting really bad. If it's not one thing, it's something else!)

Anyway, thank you all. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Thanks for giving us an update, Lisa. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I always look forward to your positive posts, you are one of the most positive people on any of my forums. Sometimes, I forget that you have MS too.

Betty

Comment

Shashi, it was more than likely contributory to the Xanax. I can always tell when my hubster has had to take his...it changes his personality for a lil' while. But we can't always be expected to be the 'cheerful, nothing can stand in our way,' type of person when we have MS. Things that don't normally affect others a certain way, do affect US.
        The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
          I'm in a really bad mood today. I don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone or go anywhere. I just want to stay in the house and be left alone.
          There is no reason to feel this is a problem because many of us experience these same feelings, sometimes on a daily basis. If your choice is to stay home and be left alone, simply do it and most especially if it makes you feel better.
          I was supposed to have lunch with a friend today, but I canceled. Also, an old friend (a professor I used to work with) who I haven't seen in years is in town and wanted to meet up and I keep ignoring his phone calls. I don't feel up to having to try to talk to him (he's British, and I can't understand half of what he says.) And I don't feel like trying to "impress" him, or be cheerful, or whatever.
          Why not simply share with these people you are experiencing some severe symptoms and as much as you would love to see them and appreciate them thinking of you, this would not be a good time. More people respect an up front honest answer rather than their attempts to contact you being ignored.
          I'm taking Wellbutrin for depression and thought it was working, but it doesn't seem like it today. I haven't even posted on Facebook, which is normally what I do every morning. I just don't care what everyone is talking about on there.

I hope I get over this soon. This is NOT me!
          An anti-depressant isn't the kind of med that works on some days and not others, if taken as prescribed. Should this become an regular feeling on your part, possibly scheduling a doctor's appoint to discuss the situation and a supplemental ant-depressant may be needed or a dosage change called for.

My biggest point, you have every right to feel the way you do and if that is the case on this day, go with the flow and don't worry about justifying it to any one else. Definitely don't worry about Facebook. In light of your feelings it should be one of the lowest items on your priority list. Maybe days like this would be good to have a nice cup of hot green tea and watch a good Warner Brothers movie from the 50s or 60s. I like Doris Day or Cary Grant myself.

Give yourself a break, don't beat yourself up, we all feel like this occasionally and it comes with the territory. Although, coming here and venting or sharing your experiences is the right thing to do because we DO understand and you are NOT alone.
          Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
          No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

Shashi, there doesn't have to be a reason for your mood-- other than [I]multiple sclerosis.[
            For the past week, I've told myself that my mood will improve, and I am sure that it will. I just know that this disease seriously impacts our emotional state, even under the best of other variables.

Everyone is right about your mood improving, since mood swings are part ot the package, yes? I don't know if you mentioned how long you've been taking wellbutrin... I would, personally, caution you about looking for "reasons," for an irritable mood. All of us already have a big reason, and it is endogenous in nature--ms.

You, clearly, have excellent coping skills. I go days at a time when I will not talk with anyone, much less leave our house. Allow yourself to feel unsociable sometimes-- it's certainly understandable. Be Well sweetie
            Shalom,
            Suz
            You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Do you really want to hang with this guy? My .02...

Also, an old friend (a professor I used to work with) who I haven't seen in years is in town and wanted to meet up and I keep ignoring his phone calls. I don't feel up to having to try to talk to him (he's British, and I can't understand half of what he says.) And I don't feel like trying to "impress" him, or be cheerful, or whatever.
              This story reminds me of long ago when I was single and I was dating a prison guard. I originally made the introduction myself by buying him a beer in a bar when I was out for the gals, and it "took". He was interested. We started to date, but as each date came, subconciously, I was started to dread them more and more as I got to know him past his looks, but I felt compelled to keep at it as I was the one who initiated the thing in the first place! I was getting dressed for my next date with this guy and my friend stopped over and could hold her tongue as to how sloppy I was dressed. That's when it dawned on me that this guy wasn't making my life better, he was making it worse...it was time to cut him off. I did put on a nice outfit, had a pleasant last date and decided that would be my swan song in this relationship. Not sure what your relationship is with the professor, MaryAnn (couldn't resist ), but if you think it's worth a salvage operation, be brutally honest. Let him know that sometimes you find it difficult to be the life the party and paste a smile on your face to get through your visits. He'll get it or he won't. If not, good bye to bad rubbish. Please don't hang out with energy sucking people. That has always been your perogative, but even more so since you became unwell. M.S. means keeping only the cream of the crop friends and giving the rest the boot. Now that I figured the energy givers vs. the energy takers, I've been living a happier life, despite M.S. Good luck.

We all have our **** days, M.S. or not. I don't think it's about med levels as much as it's just about the nature of life itself and the oh so vulnerable human condition.

Good luck! No rule you have to think positve 24-7. You would have to be a robot to pull that off. Women are conditioned to be so accomodating. We could learn something from our male counterparts on that account. I doubt they say, "I'm sorry" near as much as us women when we're not even really sorry!
              Tawanda

Comment

Working...
              X