anyone have a relapse that affected driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a relapse that affected driving

I am seven weeks into this relapse and the hardest part for me is it has kept me from driving. I have in the last week made short 1-2 mile trips to the store. I AM HAVING A VERY HARD TIME LOSING THIS PART OF MY INDEPENDENCE! Driving makes my dizziness worse and I keep hoping each time I get behind the wheel things are a tiny bit better. Hasn't happened yet. I am having vestibular therapy next week ,hope that helps.

Hello

Hello Jackiey, I am going through the same thing right now. Since mid May I have not driven. It does feel like you lose a part of your independence. I hate putting extra pressure on my husband to do all the errands etc., since he already works at 2 jobs.

I have had a major flare with 3 new large lesions. It has caused me to have vertigo which has led to balance problems. I am also having terrible eye pain, as well as congnitive problems that I had never experienced before. I guess we just need to hang in there and try to find the good things that we are still able to do.

Comment

I am still in limbo but driving was stolen from too by a relapse.

I have it back now but I am very cautious on the days that I am off.

I do use something to help with the dizziness though.

Good Luck with the therapy.

Comment

driving

I'm sorry to hear about that!

Sometimes headlights look like everyone has their brights on...and my hip/leg/knee gets spastic so it is hard to sit long...sometimes if I feel flu-ish, I get lost....I get really confused as to where I am. That's only happened a couple of times.

Sending you good thoughts.

Comment

I did and it was horrible. One day DH was late picking me up and I can remember standing in the driveway of school with tears running down my face. Not being able to drive made me feel helpless.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

I have resumed driving after a 6 month respite. I kept getting lost in my own neighborhood. I was also having some visual disturbance and loss of peripheral vision. I took out a mailbox one afternoon and parked the car soon after. I still have spatial problems and cannot judge distances. I cannot drive at night as on coming traffic looks like the cars are all in the middle of the road. I haven't resented giving up my time behind the wheel as I am afraid of being involved in an accident.

Comment

Working...
            X