my feet hurt! anybody?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi grace4et,

Oh can I relate to feet hurting. Not just hurting but a lot of pain. I have days that I can not ever walk very far.

Some days my feet feel like the muscles are shrinking cause I'm not able to stretch my toes. When I go to bed my feet hurt so bad & are so sensitive that I can't stand the sheet touching them.

The strange part is they feel numb to the touch but if you poke my feet it hurts. I can't stand anyone touching my feet. The nerves feel like they are fully exposed & nothing around them at all. I was diagnosed with neroptathy (sp?)

I take neurotin 3 x's a day & believe me it's made a difference. It doesn't take the pain away but it helps & I can walk.I can't wear the nice cute shoes but at least I can walk again. I also go to a chiropractor 3 x's a week & that really helps me.

Talk to your dr about neurotin.
    Hang in there
    Sammie

Comment

tell me if im crazy but i had a eureka moment and figured if i buy one of those egg crate mattress toppers and cut off a little from the corners to make little insoles and use the rest for a comfy topper. they just might give me a nice amount of cushion to be more comfortable while on my feet!!!....please share your thoughts on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
        Suppose one of the 'points' (thick spots) is in the wrong place?
        it should be flat underneath so ill just wear it on the flat side with the points facing down!!!.....what else ya got!lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
          Nothing else I can think of. Hope it works for you!
          thanx alot! i figured anything is worth a go at this point.

Comment

Foot pain

This may sound strange. I had spasms in my feet that caused pain. I used to massaged thrum at night. Never told my dr but he increased my baclofen for spasity in my legs. Lo and behold the spasms in my feet got better.

But I have problems finding shoes I can wear that I can walk in. Some are too heavy. Some I can not even lift.
            I call Zappos all the time trying to find shoes.I now have a new bslance walker that helps with pronation, but might be too heavy for my foot drop.

Any thoughts? Coral12

Comment

I have the same pain and have found Lyrica helps. My neuro has prescribed 75 mg in the morning and 100 mg at bedtime.

Hope this helps
              Lisa

Comment

I'm not sure if my foot symptoms are related to MS.

late last year, I had a horrible bout of flat feet. I went to the podiatrist and was treated, it seemed to go away.

I didn't realize until this year that it was most likely a symptom of MS as my other symptoms began to reveal themselves.

anyway, now, I my feet feel like they have cement in them. Not that they are heavy, but it just feels like the insides of my feet are sticking together or something.

I used to be able to wiggle my toes individually, now they will only wiggle together.

it's not as bad as it once was.

but, I don't know if it is actually related to the MS, because I was also diagnosed with arthritis.

Comment

i received the egg crate mattress topper and did the cut out thing! havent walked on them yet (i used two layers) but feels promising!....ill keep you all updated!

Comment

I have found that about the only shoes that feel good on my feet are Sketchers. They don't pinch or rub wrong. The tennis shoes really feel good. They are a little pricey but well worth it.

Sammie

Comment

I thought I was the only one with this weird problem....I tell my family...I'm going to scream....the balls off my feet hurt SO bad and they just look at me not sure what to say....because that does seem really weird....now it's in both my bigtoes and just to have the sheet barely bend them is excrusciating! I put an icepack on my feet...I don't know if it does anything but destract the pain but that's the only way I can sleep through the night.
                      Hope that helps

Comment

Yeah I'm still struggling with all kinds of insoles and my little invention helped a little but not much.....guess I gotta wait for some miracle pill or something

Comment

Raising Hand

Me too!

Especially when I wake up in the morning.
                          “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

Comment

Me too

I have problems with my feet hurting too. It didn't start happening until i had TM. After that just wearing shoes somedays is incredibly painful. Sometimes its just cramps in my feet from i'm assuming spasticity and other times its a burning, aching pain no matter whether i'm sitting, standing or walking. I know my toes every now and then will go numb for a day or two and it terrifies me everytime. (that's where then numbness started with the TM before traveling all the way to my waist)

I'm starting to think the pain is due to nerve damage from the TM. Mostly because pain meds and muscle relaxers don't really help at all. I guess this will be something me and my neuro will be discussing my next visit if i can make it till then.

Comment

Originally posted by mgoerke View Post
                              Ive got it too. feels like I'm walking on gravel. Since flare in may it is constant pain, not just when walking. I take gabapentin at night, it helps but I feel super stoned
                              I have had constant pain in my feet for more than a decade.
                              PT helps me walk better. I have learned to tune most of the pain out.
                              Gabapentin also makes me feel very stoned and out of it.
                              Opiate's seem to work but they also make me feel wasted and a little sick and dizzy.

I use MJ.
                              I don't think it makes the pain go away as much as it allows me to tune it out?

It is no "magic bullet", but it does allow me to do my exercises and that seems to help me walk straighter and faster.

Good shoes are very important to me. I like Clarks or Keens if I have to wear shoes... other than that I live in Berkenstocks.(even in the house) They are the most comfortable shoes I have found.

Staying off my feet feels better but if I do that I start to loose abilities and have more trouble.
                              It seems to help to stay as active as possible. (even if it hurts)

Comment

I wear Sketchers. They're the only shoes that don't hurt my feet. I also bought a pair of sandals & they are so comfrontable. I've got a closet full of shoes that I can't wear.

My mom used to tell me that when your feet hurt your whole body hurts. Thought she was crazy but boy it's true.

Sammie

Comment

Working...
                                X