Scratching my head.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratching my head.......

I am in sales and work on straight commission. I have always made more than a decent living that has supported my family and afforded a comfortable lifstyle. But, since my dx on April 1st my sales have fallen 50-60%. Sales is 90% mental and 10% talent and that 10% has to be sharp.

At first I thought perhaps I could be depressed but I am taking an anti-depressant but may not be strong enough or the right one. Somedays I seem to be on my game and totally in control and on others I am just not into it.

I don't know what it is but I do know something has to give. The stress of MS, family and no career is becoming overwhelming. I try very hard to have a positive attitude but somedays it is just very difficult.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Sorry you're having problems Waydwnsouth1. It's bad enough to suffer the symptoms of MS but the added burden of lifestyle changes and financial woes is totally unfair. I've been off work near two years and was shocked at how much of our lives center around the job. income, personal and professional relationships, exercise, activity, all gone. Hang in there you will adjust as we all do. What has helped me the most is making plans and being proactive. Sold some assets, gave away some clutter, moved to a smaller house and have rekindled family relationships. Take care and God bless you.

Comment

Hopefully as the initial shock of being diagnosed with MS wears down you will be more in focus. Do you think the lousy economy has anything to do with your decreasing numbers?

Hang in there and as someone in sales you know that its a numbers game and you need to keep pushing foward. Good luck.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I know how you are feeling. This is my first relapse that I've had to beoff work, has been 6 weeks. I am worried, I carry the health ins and we rely on 2 incomes. I had many sx thde year I was dx and they all got better, so everyday I pray I willget better this time. Good luck to both of us!

Comment

Working...
        X