How long did ON last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did ON last?

Hey all. I've introduced myself a little while ago, but I am wondering about something. I was dx with RRMS on 6-27-11. My only physical symptom is ON in my right eye. Started mid-May and while it's better after IV roids, my vision is still not 100%. I'm just wondering if any of you had ON, did your vision come back 100% and if so, how long did it take? I'm not on any DMD's yet but have an appt with my neuro on 8-11 and am going to start Copaxone and see how it goes.

TIA!

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa

Hey all. I've introduced myself a little while ago, but I am wondering about something. I was dx with RRMS on 6-27-11. My only physical symptom is ON in my right eye. Started mid-May and while it's better after IV roids, my vision is still not 100%. I'm just wondering if any of you had ON, did your vision come back 100% and if so, how long did it take? I'm not on any DMD's yet but have an appt with my neuro on 8-11 and am going to start Copaxone and see how it goes.
    If you post this in the General Questions and Answers forum, you will probably get more views, and more responses.

If you would like this thread to be moved to the General Questions and Answers forum, I'll be glad to move it there.

Let me know, ok?

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo-

That would be great if you moved this thread for me! I appreaciate not having to type it all over again!

Vanessa

Comment

Done!

Comment

That is exactly how I was diagnosed... My vision eventually returned to 100% but it was gradual over several months. Now, 4 1/2 years later my eye only gets a little blurry when I am tired or having a flare.

Comment

Joyful Mommy

Thanks for responding. That makes me feel SOOOOO much better that there is hope and a good chance I will be able to see again. It's scary and frustrating when this darn MS is affecting my vision which has always been 20/20 my whole life. Makes you realize how much you take for granted.

This excessive heat isn't helping either. I live in Kansas and it's been 100 degrees for a couple of weeks now and when I wake up in the morning my eye is pretty good but gets worse throughout the day and I've notice how the heat affects it immediately. Blah.....can't wait for the fall.

Vanessa

Comment

My first event of ON lasted several months. Hard to be more specific because I had so much residual effects from it whenever my body temperature went up. Even eating or drinking coffee made my vision blur temporarily for a few years.

Second event of ON happened 18 months later in the other eye. Had IV solumedrol for 3 days. Vision fluctuated getting better and worse and stabalized at 8 weeks.

It is 6 years since the last episode. My vision has improved over this time to near normal. I can read books again. My vision is better than my husband's who is the same age.
              It does "gray" a little when I get hot, but not severely.

Comment

That is one a the really frustating parts. I was a very active reader before but now I haven't even attempted to pick up a book two months. Reading email on the computer is hard enough.

Comment

It usually gets better... it just takes forever. I got diagnosed after a bout of ON. It started in August and I think my vision started approaching normal toward December and by this March I still notice a difference, but it's very slight.

I hope you get back to 100% or close thereto and soon!!

Comment

Working...
                  X