Fall thanks to the dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall thanks to the dog

So yesterday, UPS was delivering some monitors we had ordered. Naturally, the dog doesn't like UPS, so he was going nuts as the guy was bringing all four boxes up on the porch. I had a hold of the dog, had him sitting and he was fine. Then the UPS guy knocked on the door because a signature was required. Well, the dog took off towards the door, and I wasn't ready for it - I ended up crashing into the floor. Took pain medication and flexeril, but by the end of the night my back was so bad I was using my cane - same for this morning. I hope this settles down soon - thanks to the pain pills and flexeril this morning, I spent about three hours sleeping on couch.
    Diagnosis: May, 2008
    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon

Suggestion from another dog owner here: do you have a crate for your dog?

If you do, I'd put the 'UPS hater' in there, when a delivery person knocks on your door.

We have the same issue here, but both of our dogs are trained to go to their crates, when someone comes to the door.

That way, I can attend to that person, without being tripped/dragged or otherwise 'sabotaged' ...
    'MM' = Marion with Espe, Trusty & in Loving Memory of Madeleine

* Another Beta Babe Since 2007 *

Comment

OUCH, Oh my goodness. So sorry that happened. Hope you heal fast. Just rest and take it easy
      What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
      X