Vasovagal response during treatment... nurses requesting more testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vasovagal response during treatment... nurses requesting more testing

Went in for my IVIG today and had what appears to be my second vasovagal seizure of the year. I managed to panic the infusion nurses. Apparently while I showed some of the typical characteristics, I didn't show others. Passed out after a IV stick, but I was aware enough that I had tried to lie down and had tried to sip on water. Neither stopped it. The other "odd" part - my blood pressure never dropped.
    So, long story short, my neuro and the nurses are requesting more testing. What does this mean for me?

Cataplexy (spelling?) Runs in my husbands family and what you describe sounds like different events that I have witnessed.

One of my daughters also shows signs of it.

We have to watch out when some of them get to anxious or excited about things.

My husbands gets so mad at himself. He doesn't feel worried or anything and then it just happens. The first time it occurred he was giving blood and was half way through.- very embarrassing because he was in the army in front of all the others at the time.

Underwent testing but the results did not come in until he was activated and was in country.

good luck with this.

Comment

Working...
    X