I froze my socks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I froze my socks!

Last night, I felt like I was burning up! I'm not sure what was going on, because I had the A/C down, but I was just melting, especially my feet. (My feet are like thermostats. If they're hot, then the rest of me is hot. If I can cool my feet off, then I'll be cool all over.)

I finally decided to wet a pair of socks, stick them in a Ziplock bag and throw them in the freezer. I got them out about half an hour later, and though it was tough to get them on (because they were frozen stiff), I finally did. I put a towel over the end of my recliner and just sat there with these frozen socks on. And it felt so good!!! I kept them on for almost an hour before finally taking them off. (I didn't walk around in them.) By then, I had cooled down quite a bit and felt much better.

Just thought I'd share this, in case anyone wants to try it when they get overheated.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

I can just visualize you trying to put on frozen socks...it made me laugh, but glad it helped!

I just heard on the news a couple days ago that they are suggesting to put your sheets in the freezer or fridge (in a plastic bag) and setting them out before you go to bed. (don't get them wet beforehand though!!) The coolness will help you to go to sleep on those hot nights. It's worth a try anyway!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
      Last night, I felt like I was burning up! I'm not sure what was going on, because I had the A/C down, but I was just melting, especially my feet. (My feet are like thermostats. If they're hot, then the rest of me is hot. If I can cool my feet off, then I'll be cool all over.)

I finally decided to wet a pair of socks, stick them in a Ziplock bag and throw them in the freezer. I got them out about half an hour later, and though it was tough to get them on (because they were frozen stiff), I finally did. I put a towel over the end of my recliner and just sat there with these frozen socks on. And it felt so good!!! I kept them on for almost an hour before finally taking them off. (I didn't walk around in them.) By then, I had cooled down quite a bit and felt much better.

Just thought I'd share this, in case anyone wants to try it when they get overheated.
      Are you going through the "change" hot flashes?? Not sure how young you are. That's a good idea about the socks.. I am 51 years young no hot flashes yet but definitely going through peri-meno. I will keep the frozen socks in mind in case I do start having hot flashes.

Hey you may can market those:-)

Ms. Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
        My feet are always cold, but my upper legs get blazing hot. I've frozen shorts, and used ace wraps to hold on ice packs. Looks funny but effective!

Comment

Originally posted by futurmil2b View Post
          Are you going through the "change" hot flashes?? Not sure how young you are. That's a good idea about the socks.. I am 51 years young no hot flashes yet but definitely going through peri-meno. I will keep the frozen socks in mind in case I do start having hot flashes.

Hey you may can market those:-)

Ms. Jay
          I don't think I'm going through the "change". I actually had my ovaries removed in 2007 and have been on hormone replacement ever since, so my hormones stay at a pretty consistent level. I think mine is more of a nerve thing, as I've had in the past where things that are cold feel hot. The A/C actually feels like it's burning me. (And my left foot and left hand feel like they're on fire most of the time.)

But boy, those frozen socks sure felt great!
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Ice Cubes?

Yours was a good idea that I had not thought off. I usually put ice cubes in a zip bag & place that on my feet. Until 2 weeks ago I had no idea where my feet were. But now my feet hurt like I am walking on shards of glass.

Think I would rather no feeling!

KK

Comment

Hey Shashi, your so funny!!!

Just the other night my feet felt like they were on fire too! I sat down in my lift chair, had hubby take off my shoes and put an ice pack on each foot (with socks on). WOW-- felt so GOOD!! Kept them on for maybe 15 minutes, and my feet felt so much better.

I don't know if I could do this myself, cause I had him wrap the soft covered ice packs around the feet. They would probably fall off, then I would get frustrated, so I think I will just have him do it!

Ou la la--- it was heaven!!!!!

Comment

I bought a pair of Spa finder gel soles that are like plastic sandals with gel bottoms. I put them in the freezer and when I get overheated and get symptoms, I pull them out and put them on for 15-20 minutes. They really help. They are available online. Google spa finder gel soles. They are worth it!

Comment

Working...
                X