Will my dizziness ever go away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my dizziness ever go away?

I have been dizzy/unfocused/ like I took too many drugs since June 13. It came and went for a few weeks, then came and stayed July 3. I have had steroids, no change. Is there any thing the doc can give me? I see him today. I have tried many times to drive, can't.

I have problems with dizziness too.

Depending on the cause, there are medications that can help. I take meclizine, which is an OTC antihistamine, and it takes away most of my dizziness. Scopalamine is a stronger med that is sometimes prescribed. There are other options, too.

If you have vertigo (I do) it may be caused by BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo). Many cases of vertigo in MSers are the result of BPPV. In that case, there's an effective respositioning treatment that can be done in the doctor's office, and that can end the vertigo altogether. It may need to be repeated one or more times, though.

Hope you find relief soon!

Comment

I've experienced the dizziness and nausea/vomiting for the first time with my most recent episode. (6/28) I was dizzy for about 2 weeks straight. I had to solumedrol and it sloooowly resolved itself. Still having other symptoms tho There are medications specifically for the dizziness. Im 6 months pregnant so I can't really tell you what the best thing out there is (cant take any of em). Anyways, I wish you good luck and i hope it gets better for you soon. I know exactly how your feeling. Just remember it will get better, take it day by day.

Comment

Hi Jackiey

My main symptom is dizziness. My first attack was so bad, I couldn't even walk for several months. I was on IV steriod for 5 days and it still took almost 4 months to completely go away. But it did go away. Hope that makes you feel better.

Comment

Try acupuncture- worth a try.

Comment

MD prescribed D-Amphetamine but I haven't taken it yet. I don't want to be all buzzed up in this heat. If I pose my head in the right position sometimes I can get the spinning to go away after a moment. Not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Dead Petals View Post
              If I pose my head in the right position sometimes I can get the spinning to go away after a moment. Not always.
              This is a clue that the cause of your dizziness may be BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo).

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vertigo/DS00534

If so, there is a cure for it, called Canalith Repositioning. Your doctor can do it; so can your physical therapist (if you have one). You can also be taught to do the procedure yourself if your BPPV recurs in the future.

Comment

I don't really have spinnin. unfocused, a little dizzy. I am done with oral steroids and today I am more fuzzy. ??? My body reacting to no more steroids??? I am looking for any answer.I just want this to go away! Dr doesn't seeme to think it is from the steroids. I Saw the dr yesterday, he is sending me for a VNG test to rule out inner ear problems, since two rounds of iv solumedrol has not lessened my symptoms he wants to make sure it is the ms before he treats more. He is leaning more towards that the MS just really hit me baad this time. Next is some steroid injection called activar???

Comment

I had it for a long time (12-14 months), and it dominated my days quite often. It came and went getting gradually less...now I will only get occasional bouts (1-2 times per week that end within 1-hour). So, the answer for me is yes it went away.

I tried antinvert, etc. including valium, but nothing helped. Chewing ginger was the only thing that gave some relief. Avoiding caffeine and alcohol also made a big difference.

My doc told me about how balance is from contact of the feet and hands, along with eyes and inner ear. So, if I was having a bout, I would place a hand on a counter etc. and it helped. Also, wearing shoe that made me feel "more connected" with the ground helped.

All in all everything I tried only provided slight relief. From what I've read on here, the majority of people have the diziness get better, I hope this is the case foir you as well.
                  Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Working...
                  X