I Got the WHAT THE..... Look!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Got the WHAT THE..... Look!!

Yesterday I decided I felt like getting out for a couple of hours. Sunday is typically not a very good as I take my Avonex infection on Saturday night. Buy like I said I felt like getting out. We decided to go look for new furniture and I am riding along and suddenly it dawned on me I had no clue where I was. I turned to my wife and asked where the h!!! we were. That's when I got the What The H!!! look. She told me where were with somewhat of quizical and concerned tone.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have had this happen long before MS was even being considered but this was the first time since.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I'm so lucky to have a -highly irritated spouse let me know how ****** up I 'am every day.

Now I can be perfect beacuse I know what to do! No problem.

Comment

I can be running errands up in our town and forget what I am doing or where I am going Usually I am by myself when this happens. I have had to turn to my spouse or even my children and say..."where are we going"? It's very frustrating (sigh)
      Dx with RRMS :April 2007
      Meds: Copaxone

Comment

Definitely yes. Interestingly, when I had a pretty bad concussion years ago, I had this happen frequently for about 3 months.

These days it seems to happen when I'm particularly fatigued. These episodes come and go, doesn't happen all the time. I'm usually a passenger in the car.

Comment

Yes, I have experienced something of this nature. Only twice in the last 18 months, both times I was by myself and was quite scary.

Each time I was driving, once I was driving home from work, everything went blank (mentally), I did not see anything I recognized, I did not know where I was going, panic ensued...

I pulled to the side of the road and within probably 30 seconds of being on the side of the road, it started coming back; like "oh, I am headed home, I am on the highway about 3 miles from the exit, etc..."

It is rare, but shakes me when it happens, I chalked it up as being over 40...

Comment

I would suggest anyone posting or reading this thread that experience something similar as Waydwnsouth1... see your doctor.

Is the cause MS? Sure, anything is possible with MS. However, there can be other causes besides MS and it is important to rule out any other reason before assuming it's "just MS."

I have had the experience of not knowing where I was or where I was going --- in a very familar area. Although my doctor and I believed we knew what was causing it I needed to see my neuro to rule out MS or a cause due to MS. I had an EEG (possible seizure) and MRI. Those 2 tests ruled out MS as the cause.

We then knew what the cause was and my doctor felt these "episodes" would resolve...they did. The second time, after many years, I had this happen was due to medication.

Never assume it's MS even if you have people respond to your thread or post as "me too." It is best to check with your doctor.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Yes, it happens to me also.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Yes I know that feeling and my wife gets peed when I question the GPS and think it is wrong and have that one sided argument with the GPS, I always lose

Comment

trusting the GPS

Something similar happened to me today! I was driving to a new lab to have blood work done, and I must have hit something on the GPS because before I knew it, I was halfway home again! I pulled over to see what was going on, and it was set to go "Home". Oh well, I had a lovely tour of East Baltimore.
                  Diagnosed 7/11/11
                  On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
                  On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

Yeah, I frequently get confused about where I am. I always make a joke out of it and whoever happens to be around laughs... comic relief works-- puts others at ease and helps me not to take the sxs too seriously
                    You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

A few years ago, I had this happen twice. Was driving along and all of a sudden,,where the hell am I? It only lasted 10 seconds, but it petrified me. It hasn't happened since, but really, not much chance it's anything but the ms.

Comment

I agree with Snoopy. Anything like that needs to pass by a medical professional, just to be safe.
                        "I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future."

Comment

This happens to me to but how can you be sure it's the ms. I just think it's having too many things on your mind and age lol

Comment

I've experienced disorientation since this thing started, too. What I'm learning is that it is scarier for others than it is for me. Whenever I tell someone, they assume I am losing ALL my mental capacities.

The feeling usually passes. So I've learned not to tell anyone--especially the people close to me. They get too scared.

Comment

What was the question?

Happens constantly-uummm...oh ya, MIKE
                              Dream like you will live forever, Live like you will die today.

Comment

Working...
                              X