Is this a flair/exacerbation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a flair/exacerbation?

I am sorry for asking so may questions. I haven't had the build up of symptoms over time so nothing to compare to really.

Optic Neuritis was considered my first clinical exacerbation.

I now cannot walk without "balancing" - like put my hands out to touch walls and furniture.

Is this balance issue a new flair/exacerbation?

If so, would they treat that with more steroids?

Two weeks ago, I got the Solumedrol for ON.

Sorry for all the questions-- I just feel so lost.

Balance (gait problems) can sometimes be helped with Physical Therapy. Steroids do not help balance problems.

Information about gait problems:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ems/index.aspx

An exacerbation, attack, flare-up, relapse all mean the same thing --- A worsening of old symptoms or the appearance of new symptoms lasting (consistantly) at least 24 to 48 hours and separated from the last exacerbation by 30 days. Exacerbations can last anywhere from weeks to months.

Not all exacerbations require steroids.

Information about exacerbations:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ons/index.aspx
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Steroids will ABSOLUTELY help balance problems if they are due to a relapse!!!

I have had them help numerous times over the years.

Comment

ETA: "...can absolutely help..."

Comment

Thanks for your help!

I think what I am experiencing is another exacerbation. My balance is really bad.

This is all so new to me I have NEVER had this issue before. Up until a month ago, I was still attending my dance aerobic class and balancing just fine. Now I can't walk across the room without looking like I've been hitting the bottle too hard.

*sigh* What a welcome to MS, eh?

Comment

Working...
          X