Has anyone had memory loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had memory loss?

This week I lost my memory fo a good part of the day, I didn't know the people around me or anythig else.

Has amyone else had this?

Not that exactly...I lost my short term memory for several months my first year of grad school...
    Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Please call your doctor about this.

Cognitive troubles are common in MS, but in addition, there could be other issues.

This site discusses cognitive problems.
      http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuse...ow/pageid/1272

Comment

i have memory loss, it's gotten worse through the years. yet only a few times have i experienced what your talking about and it was very momentary.

i was driving and had no idea where i was, this has happened about 3x in the past 5 years. i'd call the neuro also. yet i just stayed calm and in time it all came back.

good luck w/the call.
        Jen Dx'd 5/11
        "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Originally posted by twisterred View Post
          Please call your doctor about this.
          I agree with twisterred...please contact your doctor. Although cognitive problems are common with MS not every issue is MS related.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I can say that my memory really sucks these days, however I don't remember not knowing who was around me or where I was. I may not know who someone is when the name is mentioned but if they are standing in front of me I absolutely know them. I can say when driving sometimes I get really confused and may go blocks out of my way but I generally know where I am.

Call your doctor!

Comment

For driving a GPS can be indispensable, will always get you home, but don't blindly follow the directions. I write everything down, 'If you don't write it down it never happened'.
              Bill
              Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Originally posted by Tanne View Post
                This week I lost my memory fo a good part of the day, I didn't know the people around me or anythig else.

Has amyone else had this?
                Losing your memory for THAT long is rather serious and needs attention hon.

Although I had been losing moments/mins while working, blanking out, not even knowing I blanked out.. then time distortion, then unable to recognize where I was while driving got me a serious workup for seizures. You cannot drive when having ANY lapses of memory. So see your neuro, telling the nurse who triages the calls knows you lost such a long time.

But turns out for me, tho one neuro dx me with seizures.. the Epileptologist ruled out epilepsy but is still monitoring me. It may be MS related..but lesions can cause seizure activity or signs too. So best to get seizures ruled out to know for sure.

And it could be other neuro related problems, not related to MS.

Let us know what you learn ok hon?

Warmly, Jan
                I believe in miracles~!
                2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

A couple of months back, I was visiting a friend for about four hours. At the restaurant, we each left the table. She went to refill her drink and I went to the restroom.

When I came out, I couldn't recognize her, not even her clothes. I saw a lady whom I thought might be her because she was tall like my friend. When she turned so that I could see her face, I didn't know who she was...not even familiar.

Still, I walked that direction because it was the direction to the door. As I got closer, she smiled and began talking to me. It took a few seconds, but I did recognize her again.

I've had other people look familiar, but couldn't place them. They were people I should have known immediately.

I have been lost a few times in the car, but everything I see looks familiar instead on not recognizing anything. I still recognize traffic signs, etc. I just drive around and find my way. It never lasts long and usually I'm going in the right way.

Sometimes, GPS doesn't help much. If only she spoke
                  s-l-o-w-l-y.

Mostly though, I know when I'm having a bad day and stay home.

For now, the doctors are hopeful that I'm having neurological symptoms due to B12 deficiency instead of the suspected MS we started with. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                  X