Numbness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbness

I have numbness in my hands and feet and thighs. At times I have burned myself without knowing it at first
    while eating, like once I spilled some hot cheese sauce on my hand and didn't notice for about 30 seconds and got a 2nd degree burn. Is numbness a common symptom of MS? Do many others on the site have this?
    MS makes me feel like I'm lost in midnight fog

Yup! In my left hand I have numbness in my thumb and index finger, makes it really hard to hold things.
    Dx 4/04
    Copaxone 5/04-3/05
    Rebif 4/05-present

Comment

Yeppers both of my hands were numb and I lost coordination in them for a few months last year, I was told to be careful not to burn myself as well. Neurontin helped, feel better soon
      I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Hello Midnight Fog,

Yes, numbness can be a common symptom, for some, with MS. I have been numb from the waist down 3 different times. I have also had a hand(s), finger(s) or toe(s) go numb. The numbness I have experienced through the years has always resolved...thank goodness.

I am sorry you are having problems with numbness
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Numbness Me too

One of the big early symptoms I had with the onset of MS
          was my right hand began getting numb. Then my left hand be was getting numb. It got to the point where I couldn't feel my hands at all and had to key with my right index finger. After solumedrol treatments the numbness went away but it was a gradual thing. I got so I could key the right way even though I had numbness. I had an accident
          burning my left hand with scalding spaghetti sauce and didn't feel it right away. I guess I got a second degree burn from that. I had numbness in other parts of my body too. I don't have any numbness now but you are not alone. I think it must be a common symptom of MS.
          Show 'em who's got guts. Don't back down - Brian Wilson
          ******Surfer ED******

Comment

Working...
          X