The Value of a Second Opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Value of a Second Opinion!

I got a phone call the other day from my Aunt, who said that my Grandfather (who is 84) has a brain aneurysm and didn't have long to live.

Well, my other Aunt who is a nurse, insisted on a second opinion with a Neurosurgeon, found out that He DID NOT HAVE AN ANEURYSM! He had a small stroke. So we go from planning his funeral to breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.

The point of this story is, if you aren't sure, then GET THE SECOND OPINION. It is definitely worth the extra pain and frustration to get the second opinion.

Aw, I'm so sorry, sweetie. I hope he rallies! Grandpops are wonderful.

You're right about that 2nd opinion. It NEVER hurts! xo Jan
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

thank goodness for 2nd opinions! prayers that your grandfather does well. they are really good about therapy to regain whatever abilities may have been lost during strokes. can't hardly tell my dad had a major one a yr ago.
      YOU are absolutely right about 2nd , 3rd, 4th, etc opinions. don't ever give up. doctors are human & make mistakes. others are better than some.
      we all have stories of misdxg MS.
      so glad for you. time w/ grandparents is so precious. never waste it (parents either)
      take care, God bless ya'll!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
      X