VEP Caused Tremors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VEP Caused Tremors

I just got back from the VEP I had under protest. When I asked the tech if everything looked okay afterwards, he wouldn't tell me. Said they're not allowed to do the diagnosing, that's what the doctors get paid the big bucks for. I understand that, but the last time I had it there, the tech gave me some indication that the results were borderline. So now I have to wait until next week to find out that it's normal again.

A couple of things I noticed this time though. When he did the visual acuity check with the Snellen eye chart before the test, I noticed that the acuity in my right eye is better than it was last week at the neuro-ophthalmologist's office (I could read the third line from the top instead of just the second without my glasses.) However, the vision in my left eye was worse now. (Second line from the top instead of the third like last week.) I have the weirdest eyes! It's like something changes with them every week.

But something else that happened has me curious. During the test on the my left eye, while I was staring at that checkerboard pattern, I started having tremors on my right side, like I do when I'm falling asleep. I haven't been having tremors when I'm awake at all for awhile, so it was really unusual. They continued throughout the test on my right eye too and even after I left the office. They've just now subsided. I've had four of these tests now, and this is the first time that has ever happened. Has anyone else ever had that occur?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Never mind. Sometimes I wish I'd just shut up and get over it already. I drive myself nuts. Sorry everyone.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

OH hon, you will "get over it" after you get a DX, trust me.
      You are seeing more and more occurances of new and old symptoms. VEP causing tremors..hmm..thats a new one.

I am on a new med for restless leg syndrone which I swear I do not have, but my sleep study doc thinks I do. The ONLY reason I tried the med (the 2nd one, first one caused sleep disturbances) was because I thought it would help with my spinal stenosis. What I found out is that its a Parkinson med for TREMORS..hmm...thought that could not hurt. AND I have noticed that when I lay down and usually get my nightly tremors..I dont have any. The buzzing/tremors in legs have diminished some too.

But know that I DO understand your utter frustration as all these symptoms interfere with your frickin LIFE!!

Is it possible to get the report from wherever you got your VEP test done? For me, most of my tests are at hospitals that I can get a copy of report before seeing neuro or whomever.

Best to you.. the ANSWER IS ON ITS WAY !!

Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
        Is it possible to get the report from wherever you got your VEP test done? For me, most of my tests are at hospitals that I can get a copy of report before seeing neuro or whomever.
        Oh shoot! You just reminded me that I was going to go by and try to get a copy of the test result from the hospital while I was out. I totally forgot. Maybe I can pick it up Monday, but hopefully I'll hear something back from the neurologist's office by then. It'll be normal though, I know it will. I'm having the same eye problems I had back in October and it was normal then. But I am going to mention the tremor thing. That was just weird!

And thanks for making me feel better, Jan. You always know just what to say, dear friend.

Hugs,

Lisa

Comment

Working...
        X