Baclofen question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen question

My new insurance company will only pay for a 30-day supply of baclofen. (I've been getting a 100-day supply for only $10 with my old insurance.) I can get a 90-day supply for $12 using Walgreen's prescription plan, but they only supply three 10 mg pills per day and I need six.

Does anyone know of any coupons the pharmaceutical companies might offer that could help me? (I'm not sure who the pharmaceutical company is. I've tried looking it up online, but I'm not getting anything.) Or maybe is there another prescription plan that might be better? I've already cut out all of the extra medications that I can, but this is one that I really have to have.

Thanks!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Hi Shashi:
    Oral baclofen is a generic drug so there isn't "a" manufacturer like there is for a brand-name, patent-protected drug. (That's why you couldn't find out who "the" manufacturer is.) Tracking down which manufacturers make which generics can take some work. And while Big Pharma companies have huge infrastructures for their brand-name meds that easily integrate low-cost access programs, generic manufacturers don't.

It will be simpler to look into different prescription plans and low-cost medication-access programs, such as those listed under the sticky here at MSWorld.

Have you checked the Walmart generic Rx program to see if they also limit the supply to three 10 mg pills per day? The Walmart plan is a tad cheaper, only $10 for a 90-day supply. Let's see... one Rx from Walgreens... one Rx from Walmart...

Comment

Thanks, Redwings. I actually found out this afternoon when I requested a refill on my baclofen from Walgreens that my insurance does cover 90 days on it for $35. And while it's not the $10 I was paying for 100 days worth, I'm a lot happier now that I know I can get the full amount. (Walmart's plan only paid for 90 pills for $10.)

I had assumed my insurance didn't cover for more than 30 days worth of meds because they would only cover 30 days on my GERD medication, Aciphex, which ended up costing $35 for one month. But I found an online coupon for that one for $35, so this month's prescription was free. I also have a coupon for $55 that I'm going to try to use next month, if I can. Where there's a will, there's a way!

My Vivelle-Dot patch is another story though. It's $100 for a 3 month supply. Lord, these prescriptions are breaking my budget!! (I really got spoiled on my old insurance.) I guess I could stop using the patch and just deal with hot flashes, but I really don't want to!
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Hi Shashi:
        Have you used a Vivelle-Dot coupon yet?
        http://www.vivelledot.com/consumer/a...e/default.aspx

You know, if you can use it when you want to, you would still benefit slightly from the Walgreens Rx plan for your baclofen. Their 90-day supply would last you 45 days and cost $12. Your insurance costs $17.50 for 45 days. If you filled a Walgreens Rx after every 90-day Rx from your insurance, you would save $5.50 for that 45-day period. That would pay for lunch one day!

Comment

Baclofen is on the $4 list from Sam's/WalMart as well as my local grocery store pharmacy. Last time I filled it a WalMart it was $4 for 30 pills or $10 for 90.
          Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
            Baclofen is on the $4 list from Sam's/WalMart as well as my local grocery store pharmacy. Last time I filled it a WalMart it was $4 for 30 pills or $10 for 90.
            Grace, on the Walgreen's plan, you get 270 pills (90-day supply) for $12, which is a better deal. My problem is that I needed 540 pills, so I guess the $35 on my insurance plan is the best I'll be able to do.

Comment

Working...
            X