Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye pain?(ON?)

Hi everyone,

For the I think..third time now, I am experiencing the eyepain again.
    Pain with movements, seeing spots/dark shadows/flickering lights in peripheral vision and then a bit blurryness but not extreme, pupils always remain dilated and unequal as always, colourvision trouble, seeing more 'dimmed'.
    It's mostly the pain with eyemovement and the forehead alike headache accompanied with it (not migraine)
    Gegts worse with heat, body temperature rising.

But last time I went to the ER and it figures that the Neuro I was at..was an assistant or student while I made an appointment with a doctor normally but they just gave me her so she was the one I called to and told me to go to the ER there.
    The Opthalmologists there also were students and not doctors...
    So they were like with three, two claiming pupils reacted not well and real slow.
    Then the other goes like: no it's normal.
    But it's not, as my own opthalmologist after the first pain episode passed (I just remember it started with that also before the issues occured and never went away, being the pupil dilation etc)
    So they just for sure ruled out 'Optic neuritis' as they claimed.

But I read that symptom wise it often can be a mild ON?
    That doesn't go with swollen optic nerve much or not yet.
    Also there at the ER, they didn't even do any testing like the visual field or so.

I just don't know what to do.
    Call my own Opthalmologist?
    (I also have other Neuro symptoms, both Rheumy and Gp agree on going towards MS due to also my other Immune diseases that can mimic but no evidence of anything like bloodvessel disease (Lupus issues) or neuropathies)

I do consider going to the ER and demand to see an eye doctor there, the local one isn't really a teaching hospital but of course if I mention all my other issues..probably will keep me there or so.

But the pain is so awful and it is now symmetric in a matter of days.
Working...
X