Help needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed!!

I had three days of IVSM last week(W-TH-FR) and I cant taste anything but salt, and I'm burning all over. Ive been drinking and my lips are so parched and mouth is so sore I cant stand it. I'm also getting nauseated, and places on my are burning that shouldnt be. I've been eating lots of potassium foods and need some advice! thanks

I'm not 100% sure what the symptoms of steroid intolerance are, but I know the burning feeling (heating up version) can be one of them. Might be worth a call to your doctor.

Comment

Sorry you are experiencing common side effects from steroids.

I too would get so nauseated.

Milk helped some, but I also would take a few gulps of Maalox or Mylanta.
      I stayed away from greasy and/ or fatty foods.
      Herbs and spices, not so much salt was how I cooked.

The sick feeling will go away, so just know it's not permanent.

Are you saying that burning places are due to the exacerbation/flare?
      Give it time... the burning should subside. Sometimes it's gradual, sometimes the 'off' feelings go away quickly.

Comment

I was burning and having numbness and tingling and fatigue and eye issues before the IVSM, now Im just so salty and burning worse than ever. The numbness and tingly feeling is settling down. I just want to make sure Im not dehydrating and will keel over at any time. Thanks for your responses. I need all the support I can get. I hate being home alone and feeling like this. Never know when to jump and run to the ER. Seems like the burning get worse if I get away from the fan or the A/C, maybe Im imagining it but sure seems like it. I cant say I will never do the steroids again but I will sure think about it strongly. (PS) I just found on Google perineal burning can be a side effect of steroids arghhhhh!

Comment

I know how you feel, I am SPMS and do i.v. solu-medrol every couple weeks. I feel hot and nausea to. Your taste will come back and for the other problems I drink water and suck on popsicles.

Hope you feel better soon!
          Pamiejune

Comment

Oh, I'm very sorry you're going through this. It's awful when the medicine is almost as bad or worse than the disease.
            What if trials of this life
            Are Your mercies in disguise?
            "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Working...
            X