Terrible Muscle Spasms!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible Muscle Spasms!!!

Hi there. I recently, without warning, started to have severe muscle spasms in my right quad muscle. This started after a Rebif injection to my right upper hip. I noticed severe pain the next day with so much pain in my glutes and down my right leg. I now have lost strength in my leg along with severe spasms. Is this from my injection? I try to be as active as I can. Never had pain like this before. I do leg and abdomen stretches every day, but now it is very difficult. What is causing this? My knees lock up and my right leg moves by itself. Sometimes I feel like a marionette, like my right limb is dangling by a string. I take baclofen, IBuprofen, rebif, celexa, and Omega fish capsules. I'm looking for relief of some kind, any kind. I fall alot because my leg is weak. Don't think I can take too much more. Any words of wisdom? I would appreciate it soooo much. Thank you.
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

OH dear-OUCH!! Sure sounds like sciatic pain..across buttocks/hip down leg to bottom of foot I believe. AND its the largest nerve..yowzer!! I do not know if its related to your shot..but others may know.

Have you called your doc? Or go on the MEDICATIONS thread on this forum and ask folks who take the shots. Either way I hope you get relief and soon. You already take a lot of meds..I take RX Diclofenac for sciatic pain along with Baclofen for spasticity.

Just wanted to bump this post up so others will respond..they will..hang in there.

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thank you Jan

I have to say that following this message board for many years, I noticed that you always have time for a kind word and a helpful hint. That is so appreciated. Yes, I too feel that my sciatic nerve is out of wack. However, I do believe my Rebif injection started the ball rolling. I just get a gut feeling about it. I tried to go to chiropracter the other day. During my adustment, my leg felt like my muscle was tearing in half. Ugh. Not good. I think I scared the Doc. I will call my neuro before the weekend. Maybe he can give me some help. In he mean time, I will bear it (no grinning). Thanks so much for your response. Take care of yourself.
      Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

It sunds like the sciatic problem I had a few years ago, too. The cramps from it can be miserable. My doctor just upped my Baclofen - I don't think they had any specifics for it at that point, though.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
        X