Grateful for dumb flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grateful for dumb flares

I was just commenting to my DH that if you're going to have a flare, a dumb one is probably better than a damaging one!

I've had a numb tip of my tongue all week. I keep moving it around like you do when coming out of deadening from a dental visit. Sometimes the right-side corner of my lip is a little tingly also. This has been going on for about 4-5 days.

It is a little annoying, but by golly, I'll take that over what many of you experience when going through a flare
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Hello Brenda

I know what you're saying. I don't mind the "dumb" symptoms either that don't immobolize me, keep me from functioning, or hurt (pain).

Like the L'hermittes, and the various sensory tingles, buzzing, pins and needles, crawling under skin, water dripping down skin, etc.

If that was all MS had to offer, that would be fine by me

Is your numb tongue and tingly lip a brand new symptom -maybe a good idea to let your neuro know? I don't remember what type of MS you have, but could be a relapse starting?

Anyways, let's just hope we have the dumb symptoms - and no more nasty ones!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Haha What a great topic! I absolutely agree with you and understand how some flares are just silly.

Example: When half of my nose is numb or tingly. I can still smell so...take that, flare!
      [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Yeah, the tingly tongue and such is new, and I'm sure it is a flare. But what would my neuro do? I get MRIs every year anyway, and I wouldn't do steroids for a dumb flare.

So I'll just remember to tell him that I had a weird happening in May, but nothing terrible!
        Brenda
        Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I thought you meant cognitive problems!

Of all the flares I've had, I'll take physical disability and paresthesia over cognitive problems - that was just scary.

My last flare was paresthesia - the right side of my face was ice cold, like I'd stuck it in a freezer. Annoying, but aside from a little fatigue, not too bad.
          "Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it" - Michel de Montaigne
          Diagnosed May 2007, relapsing-remitting

Comment

Working...
          X