Dating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dating?

Should I just forget about dating since I have a visible disability? I've been out of the "dating" scene for 15 years. I'm 45, recently separated, and have resigned myself to a solo-single life.

I would do what makes you happy, I fear being alone but that is me. As far as a visible disability I would think if someone approached you that he would be ok with you having a disability, and would probally be a more caring person. Just remember you are on the rebound and am young enough to be picky.
    Good Luck

Comment

Maximumlite it makes me sad to read that you are afraid to be alone and everyone should be picky!

I've always been ok by myself so probably wouldn't seek another partner now that MS is added to my list of baggage but would just nurture my friendships instead.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I wouldn't "not" date because I had a disability. I agree that there are many who wouldn't mind at all. that they would care about the person not the disability.

If you're not ready that's ok, too. Or, if you're never ready I wouldn't think anything about it. Enjoy all that life has to give in the way you'd like to live it.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

dating

I remember when I was young and constantly wanted to know at what age I would be allowed to date. My wise mother's response was always, "Have you been asked out?"

Of course I had not and so my question was obsolete. She was off the hook in answering my real question. ; 0 )

I wouldn't rule out dating, but don't worry about it either. Now that is easier said than done.

People marry others with disabilities all the time. It takes a special person to be willing to do so, but they are out there. I know a number of people who have married people with various cronic illnesses. I know two who have married people already in wheelchairs. It happens.

Comment

Being single (divorced) for almost 20 years after being married for 17, I haved decided I am fine as I am.

There was a time about 10 years ago when I wanted to 'hook up' and have someone in my life and used match.com...then there was the dilemma to tell or not to tell?

I decided to include the fact that I have MS, was on an amazing medication and crossed my fingers.

I received a response from someone and was elated!! I chickened out and didn't actually meet him but wrote him a note thanking him.

good luck and definitely date!
            Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
            X