X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this MS? CSF leak? Disease?

after almost a year i still have...
    -Tingling in face, tongue,hands
    -Severe pains in my neck,head which are mostly rite on top or at the base of my skull
    -feeling off balance
    -feeling of burning sensation on tongue and in head
    -neck pain, lower back pain
    -facial pain
    -vision disturbances
    I AM IN PAIN ALL THE TIME, not just when I stand up I dont think but it does feel like pulling on my brain

have seen 3 nuerologist
    a infecious disease,cancer dr,autoimmune dr and stayed in the hospital last year
    test done were
    -mri / mra of brain,neck,lower spine
    -spinal tap
    -ct of brain and mri after the spinal tap

bloodwork showed b12 deficiency and vit d and low iron but this pain makes me not want get up in the morning
    i cant drive im miserable and have a 3 month old. i have not had an MRI in about 6 months - only an MRA of the brain recently.

A year ago they found abnormal anitbodies, which I took doxy and then the drs. said that it didn't correlate with my symptoms. All the tests I've had never showed anything nor did the nuerological exams. I am at a loss.

Background - I am 21 years of age. Onset was last year at age 20. Started with tingling in the face. I have had two surgeries one appendix removal and a compound fracture of the elbow, which was about 10 years ago.

No clue but hope you find answers soon it sounds horrible.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Ditto what Jules said. Hopefully you'll get some relief soon.
      What if trials of this life
      Are Your mercies in disguise?
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Don't stop looking for an answer. Go for a fourth or fifth neuro opinion; or second or third with another doc.

Sometimes you have to see a few doctors before one thinks outside of the box, or notices something that the others missed.

I hope you can get some relief soon.

Comment

Well, your symptoms as you've described them are fairly non-specific, but obviously something isn't right or you wouldn't have put yourself out there on a message board.

You've had a lot of tests done. Low B12 could be the cause of some of your problems. Did they put you on B12 shots for that?

You're a new young mom, and I'm sure that all of this is adding to your stress. We're not doctors, and I know I wouldn't even think to tell you what might be happening here. The only thing I can think of is for you to start over with a Primary Care doctor. If something is there, it will show up!

Much good luck to you. I hope you get some answers very soon!
          “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
          Diagnosed 1979

Comment

You didn't say how recently your bloodwork was done - if it was run AFTER you had the baby, I wouldn't be surprised if you are deficient in one or two minerals, especially if you are nursing.

Good luck and I hope you find an answer soon.
            Diagnosis: May, 2008
            Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

B12

You didn't say if or how they are treating your B12 deficiency. Many pregnant women have low B12. My sister's got so low that it is still not completely up to snuff and her baby is 8 months old. She has been taking shots for a year. They said it is on the mend and to expect to take shots for a few more months. Hers has not caused neurological symtoms, probably because she's been treated the entire time.

My B12 is low and they are telling me that it is likely the cause of my neurological symptoms instead of the possible MS...including pain and lots of it. I have flu like pain in addition to electrical and shot like pain.

My doctor said that many do not treat B12 deficiency aggressively enough. At first, they gave me one shot and then pills. This doctor said that would never do it. I'll be on shots for 6 months.

Comment

Working...
              X