question about sensory symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about sensory symptoms

Over the years I've had all kinds of different sensory symptoms, but they usually seem to be isolated to one side of the body, or to a particular limb.

I'm in a flare now, can't do steroids so I usually wait them out, but I' having a whole body sensory symptom and I' m not sure if it's the MS or maybe an allergic reaction. I have prickly, needle like jabs...they're brief and transient...worse when I get warm, but they're hitting me everywhere, not just in one area of my body. I'll get a jab in my calf, the one in my back, then a few minutes later one in my back...they're hitting both sides of my body. Sometimes the jab will cause a limb to jerk. I'm trying figure out how that happens, if it is from my MS.

I was on antibiotics earlier in the week for a UTI, so I thought maybe it's an allergic reaction, but I have no hives
    or rash...just pricklies.

So does anyone else get sensory symptoms that hit them in their whole body? and if so, has your neuro ever explained what kind of lesion would cause that.

This has been going on with me for a few weeks. I have not been dx yet though. First my hands and feet were tingling then the tingling went to my whole body now.

The tingling now has turned into pins and needles poking me all over my body. It hurts.. I also get the little twitches I call them all over my body. It almost like scares me cause it is random all over my body. I don't know where the next one will be. It is constant for me.

Comment

Hi rdmc,

I get pin prickles usually in my arms and legs, much like what some refer to as prickly heat sensations. In my case, it is the MS. I also get a sensation of a tickle and have found this sensation causes my leg to jerk...so annoying. I have always had buzzing/vibrations (off and on) from the waist down.

In my case, it's the MS. Unfortunately, I can't answer the question about the lesion location.

If you haven't had the UTI re-checked that might be an option.

I do hope you start feeling better soon, rdmc
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I get stabbing pains also. At first they were confined to my legs but recently they have started on parts of my body. The other night I was just sitting there watching TV and the pains started in my hands and my thumb. Ithurt liek all holy h***. They lasted off and on for about an hour then just went away as fast as they came. Just this morning I laying in bed watching the news and thinking about getting up and I got a sharp pain in my shoulder causing the left side of my body to jerk. The the right shoulder and my legs all causing body jerks. My DW looked at me and asked what are you doing. I simply said I have no idea but it hurts like crazy. She said well quit jerking I laughed and said I wish I could but I have no control over it.

Good Luck to you they do hurt and come out of nowhere. I feel for you. I don't think there are any meds for this. We just have to grin and bear it.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

My MS symptoms got worse when I was on an antibiotic, I'm pretty sure it was Cipro. I prefer to not go on that antibiotic again. Read thru the prescribing info, several antibiotics list neurological side effects.

Also infections themselves can trigger symptoms. I'm hoping as you get better your symptoms will calm down. I haven't had your specific symptoms, but sure have had alot of other strange sensory ones.

Comment

Working...
          X