MRI RESULTS ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI RESULTS ??

I HAVE MY RESULTS AND NO ONE HAS EXPLAINED IT TO ME. ANYONE NO HOW TO READ THEM AND WHAT IT MEANS.

TWO FOCI OF SIGNAL ABNORMALITY ARE SEEN WITHINE THE LEFT FRONTAL LOBE, MEASURING APPROXIMATELY 4-5 MM IN SIZE. THIS IS OF UNCERTAIN CLINAICAL SIGNIFICANCE. THE DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS INCLUDES DEMYELINATING DISEASE, LYME DISEASE, EARLY SMALL VESSEL DISEASE AND OTHER ETIOLOGIES.

IMPRESSION:
    TWO NONSPECIFIC FOCI OF BRIGHT T2 SIGNAL WITHIN THE LEFT FRONTAL LOBE, WITHOUT ENHANCEMENT.

ANYONE UNDERSTAND THAT? PRETTY CONFUSED.

In Everyman speak...they found two lesions that enhanced...they're in the frontal lobe...and they are not specific enough by themselves for the radiologist to say what disease process is causing them. he mentions demyelinating disease (and MS is one of those, but there are others), Lyme disease, and small vessel disease which has to do with your blood vessels causing the problem (high blood pressure, TIAs,etc.)

Comment

I hate the waiting when it comes to this type of thing. I realize that Dr. are busy but still it's awful when they leave your hanging. sorry you're going through this.
      What if trials of this life
      Are Your mercies in disguise?
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I think its what the report says, its of uncertain clinical relevance alone. the doc needs to combine the mri with the clinical symptoms to determine its relevance.

2 "bright" hyperintense foci (or lesions) that don't enhance can be caused from MS, lymes, high blood pressure, smoking, perscription or non perscription drugs, other diseases like diabetes, crohnes, headaches, age....

your really stuck waiting on the doc about this MRI. when do you see him/her?

it is of a "measurable" size though. Lesions less than 3mm do not have to be measured, they can be described a small or even smaller "puncuate". your 2 lesions were large enough to require a measurement. Lesions get larger. I don't want to you to read that they are large, just of a measurable size and the doc should provide an explanation for why they are there. May be more tests, it might just be a follow up MRI to determine their status over time. depending on your clinical symptoms observed by the doc.

Average MS lesion size is 7 mm in nominal diameter; and most MS lesions are smaller than 1 cm in diameter. taken from the book MRI Atlas of MS lesions, page 7.

T2 is a type of MRI sequence. Normal for MS is the T1 MRI(sequence) w& w/o dye, T2 MRI(sequence). Flair MRI (sequence). I don't want to give you the impression that these sequences are unique for MS, they are just the normal ones used for MS..
        xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
        X