Numbness all over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbness all over!!

I was dx in 03 with RRMS. For the past year or so sometimes the left side of my face will get numb. It doesn't last but about a minute or two. Also my arns and legs will feel numb like they have gone to sleep, but that doesn't last long either. I have numbness in both feet and legs up to my knees that is constant but not to a severe degree. My neuro NP says it is probably neuropathy not caused by ms. What is your opinion?

No offense to your neuro's NP, but she's wrong. The neuropathy is most likely due to the MS. I have awful pain in my feet that IS neuropathy that has just gotten worse as the disease has progressed. I take lots of Baclofen and Zanaflex to help with it, but it's really only partially helpful.

I hope things stay on the "not too bad" side for you!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Numb from head to toe for the past decade.
      It started like yours. It would come and go but for the past decade it has been constant.
      I can still walk and function but the loss of feeling makes me clumsey.

Comment

Do you have any other condition that can cause neuropathy?

My mother had diabetes and she and I would discuss the numbness we each had in our feet.

If you have MS, odds are what you are experiencing is nerve damage from the MS.

Maybe print this out for your neuro NP, who IMO, should know better.
        http://ms.about.com/od/glossary/g/perineuropathy.htm

THis can be treated somewhat.
        My DR prescribes Gabapentin to help with this.
        Other meds, like Zanaflex might be more helpful for you.

Often, we have to fight for the best treatment for ourselves.
        If a DR doesn't listen, I look for new ones. It has always been for the best.
        Drs work for us.

Comment

Working...
        X