Dragging both feet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging both feet...

I'm dragging both feet and "duck walking" - heels in, toes out (I think to keep my balance). I haven't had mobility problems beyond a slight limp in months. Any idea what's causing or how to treat?

Sounds to me like DropFoot.......

You might want to look it up, maybe google it.

Gomer

Comment

Okay, maybe I'm confused. From how I understood it, you tend to lift up one part of the foot to clear the floor with dropfoot. Am I wrong? I'd love to have an explanation. A few hours in the air conditioning cleared up the worst of it, but I'm betting it's going to happen again.

Comment

From my reading, mostly here, some have drop foot ALL the time, and others get it (or it's worse) when their muscles get tired. My TOE end tends to drop a little, and worse when I am tired. As many things MS, I would expect heat may also make it worse. I just have not tried to put 2+2 together, yet for myself, on that issue.

I have been wearing AFOs, Arizona boots type for nearly five years. I got new ones almost a year ago, and I noticed right away they kept my TOES up better and my (limited) walking more, much more stable. AFOs have helped tremendously in keeping me walking some.

Even before then I had ankle supports, my weak ankles were allowing a bone supr to do internal damge, bleeding/bruse and PAIN.

Gomer

Comment

Thanks. I'm flaring a little. I've had spasticity before (locked ankles) but not foot drop. I noticed I'd been limping for a few days, but only a little (dragging one foot when I'd been sitting for awhile). I bet the heat's making it worse. We'd been cold until now.

Comment

Working...
          X