Icepick Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icepick Headaches

Alright so I'm sure that's not the actual terminology but I'm having headaches focusing in just one part of the brain and it just feels like someone is jamming an icepick into that part of my brain. The location changes. I've had this for maybe the last two weeks, every other day or so.

Has anyone else had this? I just want to make sure it's not an MS-ey type thing. My father yelled at me and said get on the computer and ask your friends.

You've gotta love the over protective parents. Thanks in advance for the help.

I get those. They are actually somewhat common amongst people with abnormal neurological activity. I describe it to people as the most intense and painful headache they can imagine concentrated in one spot, which goes away within 30 seconds.

Comment

sorry

I have this and from what your describing it is called Trigeminal Neuralgia. It's very painful and I was put on Tegretol. It has helped but sometimes they break through. You might talk to your neuro about this.
      The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Ouch. Yeah I get these too. They last about 30 seconds, and once in a while longer. The location changes and I feel sick to my stomach from the pain. I never realized anyone else had these too, but now I do! Hope they don't grab you too often.
        Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
        Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. I'll add them to the list to let my neuro about and if they keep happening I may actually call.

Comment

"Electric Knitting Needles"

When I was first dx'd I wrote into this forum and I called them "lightning bolts through the brain."

One of the people who responded called them the "title" name and that better described them for me. So I have been using that term since.

I have been in remission for two months and yesterday I got my first on - ( forth of july blast in the brain.)
            Since midnight last night I have had seventeen. Guess the party is over. I am coming out of my remission with a new sense of my dx and will attempt to hold to the positive.

"Electric Knitting Needles, (EKN)" I think most of us have them. They seem to get worse with anxiety. So try to take them like any other sx.
            Dave
            J: Tampa, Florida

Comment

Thanks again all. I called my neuro's office today and they are characterizing it as a paroxysmal attack, which means my first official relapse. How fun. They want to put me on neurontin so I'm thinking about it.

Unfortunately, there's not that much destressing I can do right now. I'm studying for my bar exam (at the end of this month) and I am certain that is not helping anything.

Again, thanks for all the help. Electric knitting needles... it works. It's right. Thanks for the updated vocab.

Comment

Working...
              X