Just Stopping By To Check On You All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Stopping By To Check On You All

I've been very busy for the last 30+ days writing my book with progress is going very well. Honestly though, between dealing with the worsening symptoms, sleep deprivation or sleep over kill, and working on all aspects of this book myself, I've been left constantly exhausted.

I expect to have my book to the publisher by month's end. The title is, Evaluate, Adapt, And Overcome: Accept No Limits In Life, subtitle tag "Craig recounts his story of coming to terms with total disability and outlines specific advice that helped him along the way." It turned out to be 12 chapters and 180 pages, 6x9 inch paperback. I have several chapters dealing with

"The Adversity -
    • Diagnosis Journey;
    • Additional Health Hurdles;
    • Emotional and Psychological;
    • Disability's Impact on Life; and
    • Dealing With Doctors and Administration."

Keeping in mind I do have a sick sense of humor, but have learned many lessons along the way which might benefit others.

Due to my progression, I've been doing a great deal of research and have learned not only my diseases, but potentially MS, are now considered part of a multi-condition/disease vs. being independent of themselves. (Gee! Didn't we have that conversation about MS about five years ago?) The new name is, "MSA" Multiple System Atrophy, and involves many of the exact same symptoms of MS. "Included in this MSA family are coexisting neurodegnerative disorders that manifest collective symptoms of autonomic (Shy-Drager syndrome), ataxic (cerebellar), and extrpyrmidal (parkinsonian-like) dysfunctions," According to Mayo Clinic.com's definition.

The symptoms of Olivopontocerebellar Atrophy and Parkinsonian-like disease are what emulate the major symptoms of MS so closely for imbalance, disorientation, ataxia ambulation and many others. Google Multiple System Atrophy and take a look at the similarities. No wonder the neuros are so confused on trying to diagnose. On top of all that, the symptoms of my Dysarthria have gotten aggressively worse recently. Another diagnosis many MS patients receive and never really have explained to them, dealing with the ability to talk, eat, swallow, etc. Check that out also.

OK! Way more information than I had originally desired to share, but important none-the-less. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
    No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Hi Craig! Thanks for checking in with us. Very exciting about your book, kudos for all you do! I'd love to read all of it, and your "sick sense of humor" makes it all the more delightful. Is there a plan in place for publishing?

Comment

Hi Craig,

Please let us know when your book will become available.

I have started writing a short story...as a way to relieve boredom mainly but as with almost everything I do it is a method of coping with and finding true acceptance of my situation.

It is a typical literary short story...meaning much longer than a readers digest condensed story. It is a tale of debilitating chronic disease, spiritual mysticism derived from American Indian culture, a man's journey of self discovery...and of course a beautiful lady. Had to add some spice you know.

I'm quite sure I would not have the guts to share it with anybody.

Comment

Hi Craig!

Does it come in Large Print? Can we by it for the Kindle online?
        Thanks
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
        X