Muscle cramps spasms hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle cramps spasms hand

I have on and off muscle cramps and spasms in my calf and foot, but the other night for the first time this affected my arm and hand. It came on suddenly, but was not as painful as a leg or foot cramps. It was a strange sensation and before I knew it my fingers were bent in the most awkward shape and I could not move my hand or fingers. It was not painful just paralysed. It only lasted about 2 min, but it really shook me up. The next day my fingers on the affected hand were a bit stiff but thankfully it did not happen again. I had 10min previously injected copaxone in that arm and wondered could it have been the copaxone? or just typical MS thing, as it did feel like spasm but with no pain. Im wondering if anyone has ever had this affect them? thanks Heather

RE: Spasms

Hello-
    I have an increase in twitchy muscles and pain as well. When I asked my Neurologist about it she told me that it was called a tremor and that many people with ms have this issue. I hope this helped?

S

Comment

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I too am getting more twitching and am going to ask MS nurse about this. Can be on any part of the body mainly upper eye lid and legs. Legs worse at night. Again probably MS thing but wonder if copaxone causing too. Not that I would stop the copaxone as going well for me.

Comment

Magnesium will very likely help with your twitches.

Start taking about 400mg magnesium daily, as well as some calcium and potassium, if you don't get enough in your diet.

Most people are magnesium deficient. Most neuros seem to know little about magnesium and nerve conduction.

Google: magnesium multiple sclerosis

Comment

Same thing

Hello-
          I have the same thing happening to me but in the reverse. It began with my hand and now last night started in my leg and foot. My neuro said it was spasticity and increased my baclofen. Seems to help..might talk to your doctor about starting this if you haven't already.
          The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Working...
          X