???Remission ending ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???Remission ending ?

I have been in remission for two months but am wondering if it is slowly ending.

Those of you who have had a remission, how did it end?

Does it just creep back in with little aches and pains? Do you wake up one day and feel slammed as the good times are over? Do you have a TIA / Stroke like thing and it is back?
    Or is everybody different?

I have had arthritis in my thumbs for years. But now I, suddenly, over the past two week have it in my all my fingers, toes and one ankle. I thought it was gone for one day but it was back the next. Last night I was awakened with a cramp-like thing under my shoulder blade that radiating down my back and around my ribs to my sternum. Today I am having electric shocks in my fingers.

Up to the electric shocks I thought it was, "getting older" syndrome. Hence my question. I appreciate any opinions or knowlege of the end of the good times. I just want to prepare.

Dave
    J:

Dave, I'm so sorry. I hope whatever is going on with you will go away very quickly. I've never really had a "BIG" relapse or a "BIG" remission so I don't really know.

My MS came on without me knowing so much as I have other issues that I attributed everything to and I really never got back to good. It's just very, very slow but steadily worse.

I so hope you're just having a mini flair and feel better very, very quickly.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Dave, truthfully, I've never had a remission that all my symptoms go away for a time. I always have continuing symptoms, it's just when I relapse, I have the exacerbation.
      Diagnosis: May, 2008
      Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Hey there Dave, been following all your up and downs and want you to know how much I appreciate your honesty, and sharing.

I thought I had arthritis too and even saw a Rheumatologist. But after getting "detoxed" from heavy metals, such as mercury (found in so many foods) from this specialized nutritionist.. it was more inflammation and once detoxed and my system built back up.. ALL the soreness/inflammation was gone and has remained gone. I did not meet the lab values that would say it was arthritis like RA.

BUT.. now I am going through the same thing. I have never had this before. Both my hips, my shoulders, wrists, ankles are bothering me.. on and off. Now I do have spinal stenosis and take a med for that..but now I am sure its more spasticity in the ligaments. My ankles now lock up after walking (but goes away after rest/meds). More stiffness and tightness AND I think my spinal stenosis is acting up.

I have had "flares" or symptoms that "act up" for awhile..but would not call it full fledge relapse..

Going to be calling my neuro's office but of course, its a Holiday weekend.

OH. I have a long hx of so called TIAs as the CT would show old lesions and a night in hosp to prevent the "big" one. Now I am wondering if I just get very acute jolts of MSee stuff..then it dissapates. I am left weak and tired but seem to recover. I sure look like I am stroking once entering ER.

Hope others come on and can assist you more.

Hugs, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by Spydre View Post
          Dave, truthfully, I've never had a remission that all my symptoms go away for a time. I always have continuing symptoms, it's just when I relapse, I have the exacerbation.
          "Relapse" and "exacerbation" mean the same thing. So does "flare" ("flare-up")...all are terms for the same phenomenon.

Here's what the NMSS has to say on the subject:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ons/index.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
            Does it just creep back in with little aches and pains? Do you wake up one day and feel slammed as the good times are over? Do you have a TIA / Stroke like thing and it is back?
            Or is everybody different?
            I'm Secondary Progressive now, but back when I had exacerbations they came in both ways at different times: creeping and sudden. I have the impression from the years I've spent on MS boards that this is another one of the areas in which "no two people have the same MS"...very frustrating!

There's always the possibility that what you're currently experiencing has a non-MS cause, too.

Living with uncertainty is just part of the MS picture, I'm afraid. Wish I could be of more comfort to you!

Comment

Computer Calendar Notes..very important!

I really really use my computer calendar very heavily to identify this stuff. we have good days & bad days a relapse is new or worsening symptoms that last at LEAST 24 hours.

often i learned stuff just went away and if they didn't i could tell the doc when they started. I also found it very important when i started doing somthing in an unusual way for me to accomplish something. a person just naturally compensates i find, without really undetrstanding why they arre compensating at first--but that date when it started is on the calendar too & if i did something really good like walking to the store. just a short one line notes on a calendar over time really helps you distinguish these kind of thing over time....not a whole inventory daily that just made me paranoid...but a note of something unusual or unusually good on the calendar and i could forget it or think about how it evolved over time if need be.really my calendar is one of my best friends for living with MS.

i use Microsft works calendar that came with my computer free and it is very good for being used this way..i actually print out my calendar every month and file it so i have a long range history. but you can google calendars and find a few for fre if you don't have one. it will become an MS freind!

I don't use this one because i am happy with the one i have, but this one looks interesting. Its a share ware....download for free, try it and if you like it send a few dollars to them-amount of your choice.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B..._Calendar.html
              xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
              X