Overreacting? Car AC Broke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~ Onlyairfare~ if you are referring to either of my

replies ( and maybe you aren't -- but I think you are , so that's why I'm responding again) ---

I did not not suggest that the original poster drive impaired. If I did I'm not getting it. ( Maybe it's "an MS thing" with me)

I , again, was sharing my situation since I have not had AC in my vehicle for awhile now.* Didn't have it even before my DX. *

I stated I didn't drive during the hot times of the day, and also took advantage of breaks in the heat. Meaning saving up errand and appts~if I could~ for cooler days.

I do not drive impaired in anyway. Not having AC in my car over many years has made me ~possibly~ more tolerant to the heat.

So sorry for intruding where I obviously shouldn't be.
    (That's 2 people to let me know that)~
    My sister suffered a brain injury from a impaired driver.
    In no way would I suggest or even hint at that.
    T-tk (dx RR 10/08 Copax.2008)
    Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.

Comment

terie-tk, i understood what you were saying after you explained it it to me, at first i thought you were mocking me & my feeling of needing a/c and having to make adjustments in my life because it didn't work friday. Once i understood you were not mocking me you did provide valuable info, this car may last an additional 4 years at least! I could use the extra years of having a car. so i thank you for that & you appeared top understand my offence in your 2nd reply to me so i jusdt let it go. some threads are meant to die out. this is one. still kind of depressed that my life has gotten tio the point thatr a loss of car A/svc could cause so much trauma.
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I apologize

because I do understand that is an absolute necessity for MS sufferers. Me and husband have went back & forth about getting $ to fix or getting a newer car with AC since my DX. My parents who are in their 70's want to lend us the $, bless their hearts.

I only offered what I was doing just as extra ideas. I was in no way saying that was not a big deal. I wouldn't stay inside and not drive until the sun goes down on hot days if it wasn't.

Overreacting? Absolutely not.
        T-tk (dx RR 10/08 Copax.2008)
        Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.

Comment

No I was not taking what you said personally terie-tk, just stating the obvious.

I am very heat-sensitive, like many MS patients. If it is too hot, my weak right leg does not work very well, and then I will not be a safe driver.. So I may not be terribly "green" and eco-conscious, but I keep the inside temp at 68 - 70 degrees, and the car temp a little cooler because in the sun, it does not get as low as the thermometer said.

For nearly a year, I have been the sole support of my family - my husband was laid off repeatedly and my youngest child is in college. I have to be at work by 8 am, and I can't leave until 5 pm or later - no flexibility there, and it is an hour drive across the desert to work, each way. If it is too hot for me to work, I will not get paid and we will be in big trouble. So I do not allow myself to get overheated - in the car or elsewhere.

I figure we all have MS, we all know this happens to many of us, no offense taken. And my husband just got a really great new job starting 2 weeks ago, just in the nick of time, as our COBRA was running out.

Comment

If you think it may not be safe for you to drive, then don't do it. You said you might not be able to brake in time. What if the situation is a little kid runs out in front of you chasing a ball? If you were the only person on the road, then you'd only be risking your own life and property. I wouldn't advise driving even if that were the case. If you are unsure you can safely drive, you have a moral obligation not to. Only you can make that decision though.
            Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift!

Comment

Working...
            X