Uh-oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh-oh

Okay today it is 90+ degrees. We are getting the last of my back pay from Social Security tomorrow, so we ran errands today - looked at new couches, picked up some stuff like scripts, and new toner for the printer, looked around at grills (my husband's belated father's day present), looking at exercise equipment. All in all I think we were gone two hours tops. We were in the car for short bursts of time, but evidently that was enough to wear on me. I got home 40 minutes ago, and when I sat down it really felt like I just needed a nap.

Of course, I had proposed that we go out to dinner tonight - a belated father's day/mother's day deal, and when we were half-way home hubby decided that would be great, we'd get to the restaurant about five so we'd beat the crowd. Well now, I don't feel like going, I want to take a gosh darned nap, but he's already told the kids.

I guess I learned my lesson - don't do a bunch of running around when you plan on going out to dinner.

Oh, and thanks to my reaction to the heat, hubby made the executive decision that I'm NOT going to the vp parade tomorrow to watch our oldest march with his band. He says there is no way that I'm going to be able to sit for about 2 hours out in the heat. I'm disappointed, but he has a point, that would put me down for the rest of the day. I have a feeling he's going to be like this about some of the band competitions as well, since last year the heat bothered me to the point that I was having tremors.

Hubby isn't sure that I'm worse than I was before January, but he's definitely taking a stand on me getting out in the heat.
    Diagnosis: May, 2008
    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Heat is horrible! I'm just counting down the days until fall!

I just took a shower, and evidently got the water too hot because I'm having tremors and blurry vision right now. Will I never learn?

Could you go to the parade if you had a fan with a water mister in it, do you think? Walmart has them, and I love mine. I used it for two nights a few weeks ago when the power went out all night. It worked great for keeping me cool enough to sleep (and I'm one of those people who need to be ice cold!)

This is the one that I have: http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-De...g-Fan/15992437 The batteries lasted for about six hours (takes 2 AA.)

For future use, you could get a cooling vest or something like that so you don't have to miss out on important outdoor family events.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

We're looking at getting a cooling vest, or at the very least a cooling scarf, for me to use during Marching Band season so the heat doesn't keep me away from my son's performances.

As for the fireworks tonight, it's likely that we won't go. We did some errands again today, and by the time the ride home was done, I was on my cane again.

Comment

You can actually get a free cooling vest from the MSAA. Check out this link: http://www.msassociation.org/programs/cooling/

I wish I could get one because the heat almost kills me, but I'm not diagnosed and you have to be formally diagnosed to get one. I had to go grocery shopping earlier today, and the heat just wiped me out.
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I just got my free cooling vest from MSAA, I got the one that you wear under ur tee shirt, I tried it out just the other day, I took my son swimming, it lasted almost 2 hours, and when I got home and took it off, the ice packs were still slushy like. I will probably get A LOT of use from it this holiday weekend. Especially on the 4th, can't miss my son in the parade!

Wall mart also has some great battery operated fans that are super quiet, and super cheap, I think I bought mine for like $10.00.

Freezing water bottles so that the water is super cool when I need a sip is also very helpful.

Also, don't forget to bring umbrella to hide in the shade.
          I found a lawn chair today for $20.00 with a built in shade type thingy to shade me. I am looking forward to using it.

Best of luck to you,
          Angiee
          Live Love Laugh

Comment

Sashi, thank you for the link. When I next see my doctor (july 13) I will get what I need from her to get that vest. I'm sure it will make a big difference this August.

The temps are cooler today by a couple of degrees, luckily. But we still have lots of running to do.

Comment

Working...
            X