Oh boy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy...

I had a relapse about two weeks ago. My right side got progressively more numb until It was down to my toes and up past my ear. I had to do a four day course of steroids. A few days later, I start to get better. Numbness starts to go away, slowly but surely and I'm recovering from the steroids (I swear, sometimes that stuff is worse than the symptoms it's trying to fix. Then, Sunday happened.

I hit the grocery store alone. I usually go with my partner because it's really taxing on me. It's one of the hardest things I do. Anyway, I walk with a cane, and I was using a shopping cart for support. I start to notice I'm walking a little funnier than usual. Not only that, I'm getting worn out faster than I usually do. I finished up as quickly as I could and went home.

Next day, I wake up and get out of bed. My right leg gives out and I fall right back in the bed. I try to pull myself up and my right arm has no strength. I finally manage to get up, but getting around is way harder than it should be. I can't quite get my right leg to walk correctly. I decided to see if it would go away on its own. It was a real struggle to to much of anything. Driving was hard because holding down the break was agony, walking way more difficult, I fell twice and almost landed face first on the concrete at work.

I call my neurologist and they get me an appointment next day. It's explained to me that uncommon, occasionally a relapse will...relapse. I need to retreat it with another round of steroids. Five more days. Plus the three days of bridge steroids for the long weekend and another four to taper off.

I usually try to remain upbeat about my MS, but this really got me down.

So sorry you are having such a serious relapse. I'd do a second round too. Hoping for the best outcome for you, hang in there!

Comment

Hi Andeoulus,
      I jjust wrote a similar thread 'my relapse willnot get better' or something like that. I really could not get my head around how this relapse affected me and how badly. It sure lets you see the more serious side of MS. I really sympathise with you as I am going through the same thing
      Diagnosed 10 years.
      Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

Working...
      X