Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/30/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 6/30/11

Hi Everyone. I hope you all are getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July. I can’t believe it is almost here. What has happened to June. It sort of evaporated. Maybe I’m just showing my age. Prepare yourselves mentally for 4th of July festivities. There may be many temptations out there and no one is going to want to say no to all of them. I would just urge the idea of moderation. Try to eat small portions of all the goodies, including watermelon. And enjoy the fireworks. Fireworks don’t add calories! I gained half a pound this week which raises a red flag. I am only at 114.5 but know I could continue going up if I don’t put the brakes on. Maintenance truly is a challenge.

Sparky, sorry to hear of your setback, but I am sure you will get back on track. You mentioned that you ate out too much. Remember to put half of the meal in a doggy bag from the outset so all that food won’t be staring you in the face. Good luck this week.

Poohb3ar, Good for you for losing. Keep reminding yourself that .8 is almost a pound which is certainly worthwhile. Those fractions do add up and contribute to reaching your goal. Keep up the good work.

MamaBug, 2.4 lbs is a great loss. I know you go down step fashion but over two pounds at once is really great. Your loss of inches is truly impressive and great for your health. Ten inches off your waist is outstanding and great for cardiac issues. You will definitely reach your goal. Keep on truckin’.

Agate, sorry about your pound gain but you have done great overall. I know you will get back on track. I don’t know what issues you have had with your teeth but that can be a challenge. That was an interesting comment that eating is a whole new experience. Maybe you can savor foods to a greater degree and feel satisfied sooner. I hope that is the case.

Hunterd, it sounds like you had a very noticeable loss. Goodness not eating for six days will certainly show a loss. I hope you are totally recovered. I put you down for a two pound loss which is substantial. Going down a full shirt size is a lot. Be well.

Ccop, good to see you. That is great you are maintaining. Keep letting us know how you are going. We want to give our encouragement. Keep it up.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over eight years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

Water can help you feel full and get your mind off your food cravings of the moment. In fact, what you think are food cravings may actually be thirst. Quench your thirst, and the food cravings will go away, too. Keep a water bottle handy throughout the day to make it easy to satisfy your fluid needs.

Weight loss Results for 6/23/11:

Total Loss:

4.6 pounds by three members which is substantial. Any loss puts you closer to your goal and two pounds or more is quite a leap. There will no doubt be other successes to come. Just keep up the good work whether it is losing or maintaining.

Total Gain:

3 pounds by two members. Good for you for reporting. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Don’t get discouraged. It is just a little stumbling block in the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future. Just get back on track.

Stayed the same:

2 members. As you know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Do keep us informed when that happens.

3133.78 is the total weight loss for the past 8+ years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

June 22 - 29; Lost 0.4 lbs

June 22 - 29; Lost 0.4 lbs
    41 weeks: Total weight loss since September -- 51.6 lbs (Average per week: 1.26 lbs)

------------------------------
    My weight loss seems to be slowing this month. I suspect that I'm down to needing to lose only 10-15 pounds. And, I suspect that's why it is slowing. Because I'm approaching the end stretch.

But, in spite of the slower weight loss, I'm continuing to lose inches at an acceptable rate, which is more of a focus for me right now anyways.

My weight has already put my BMI into the "healthy" range for quite awhile. So, weight is no longer the big issue. The measurements that are still not in the "healthy" range include:
    • my waist-hip ratio
    • my waist-height ratio
    • my body fat percentage
    All of the above put me in the "at risk" category for diseases. But, all of the above are also getting closer to where I want them to be. And, throughout this weight-loss journey, my body has seemed to "know" that I need to lose more weight in my waist than in my hips. That is a good thing.

I expect that, to lower those other three measurements, I'll need to continue to lower my body weight. But, I don't know how much.

So, I'll just keep doin' as I'm doin', and, at some point, when the other measurements are "right", I'll decide that the scale is right, too. I no longer have a weight-loss goal, per se. More of a health goal, that will determine how much additional weight that I need to lose.

I've currently lost about 52 pounds. I'm down to 128.4 pounds, after starting at 180. That's almost 29% of my initial body weight.
    • Can you imagine what 52 pounds of ground beef looks like?
    • Or, 52 one-pound sacks of flour?
    • Or, a 52 pound seven-year-old child?
    That's the equivalent of what I used to be carrying around. And, it is now gone!

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

UGH! I picked up sparky's sack plus 1/2 a one also.
      Weight gain 1.5 lbs. Without a definite goal like DD's graduation I'm having trouble saying 'no' and stopping.
      MamaBug, think I'll give sparkpeople a try and see if the discipline is doable for me. I definitely need something!
      Take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
        I lost a 1 pound sack of cornmeal this week!
        Sounds good! :-)

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
          UGH! I picked up sparky's sack plus 1/2 a one also.
          Weight gain 1.5 lbs. Without a definite goal like DD's graduation I'm having trouble saying 'no' and stopping.
          MamaBug, think I'll give sparkpeople a try and see if the discipline is doable for me. I definitely need something!
          Take care and God bless ya!
          I wonder, too, Pooh, if, after the reunion, and my definite goals being gone, if I'll have trouble motivating myself. The reunion was my initial goal, a year ago, when I began to work at it.

And, then, my daughter got engaged, so I had another goal. The wedding goal was even more important to me. Such a special occasion, and people there would know what I used to look like, and know that I lost weight.

Many of those at the reunion knew me in my late teens/early 20's, when I was still 25 pounds lighter than I am now. So, I'll just be in the same boat as everyone else. I've gained 25 pounds, over the last 30 years (rather than lost 52 pounds, over the last 9-10 months). But, at least, I'll look presentable, and no longer "obese".

If ya join SparkPeople, Pooh, look me up. You can find my SparkPeople Profile/SparkPage here on my MSWorld homepage. (You can "friend" me there, or message me, or write on my SparkPage, whatever. So, I'll be able to find you too.

And, feel free to make use of their many useful features, but, pick and choose what you like.
          - I love the Food Tracker, and track everything I eat. It's available free. (Unlike Weight Watchers.) Some people find that tedious or constraining.
          - I enjoy connecting with others, both through the SparkTeams, by reading their blogs, and by messaging others. (You can see which SparkTeams that I'm on at my Profile. There are several MS ones.)
          - Some people enjoy reading the many informative articles, watching exercise videos, or other videos, etc.
          - Some people enjoy tracking exercise.

Just explore the site, and see what interests you! :-)

~ Faith
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

didn`t gain, didn`t lose. that`s ok with me. great job everyone!

DAVE
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

You made it to sparkpeople.com, and you found me, Pooh. Yay!

I truly believe that SP has greatly contributed to my weight loss success. Hope it's a good fit for you, as well. :-)

~ Faith
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Stayed the same--114.

Karen, I hope you're right about the dental work. It's really fun to be able to eat crunchy and chewy things again.
                MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

check in for 7/7

first hope karen will be ok my prayers are with her and please keep us informed on how she is doing

lost 2 lbs so below my goal weight good thing i can splurge a little for my anniversary tonight lol

ya'll have a great week tc lots of love and hugs to all and GOD BLESS

Comment

Working...
                  X