what is the best thing for dizziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the best thing for dizziness

I have been dizzy for going on 3 months straight...started getting better last week and back to being bad again..this is different from the past..would usually subside in 2nd month with improvement starting in first...anyway...dr prescribed Klonopin...I don't like meds so I take 1/2...after researching..not sure if klonopin, Xanax, Valium or Ativan is the best for symptom along with safest...which would be my goal...Antivert too strong and dr thinks the Klonopin works better anyway...she has suggested I.V. steroid..hate that stuff and would only think about it for something more severe.

Scopalomine patches worked pretty O.K for my dizzy's. Another option is marijuana, (which on a side note I've found works best in my case for chronic dizzyness & nausea) depending on its availability in your state. I should point out that I wasn't a big fan of the scopalomine patches though because they made my vision super blurry with extended use causing technical blindness (couldn't see well enough to read/write ect.) They tried me on valium for my dizzy's and I didn't find it very helpful at all really. Hope that helps, feel better soon, I know the dizzy's suck
    I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Hi Putty,

My neuros have always Rx'd Klonopin for the dizzies, but I've read that any drug in that family (i.e. Valium, or another benzo) is the drug of choice. I've read on the board that some folks use OTC seasick medicines, but I've never tried those.

I hate vertigo, it's a really hard symptom to function with. Hope you get some lasting improvement soon.

Comment

This sounds too simple to work..but it does for me. I get vertigo only when I am dehydrated. If I really hydrate it goes away.

Just a thought.

j
        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Does Klonopin carry any side effects?
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Yes Klonopin does have side effects...for me, fatigue and weird dreams

Comment

Working...
            X