Got 2 vaccines and now feeling poorly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 2 vaccines and now feeling poorly

Not sure if this belongs here or in the medication forum.

Saw my new PCP doc today. Got a tetanus shot, and pneumonia vaccine. Before my doctor's appointment, my legs were weak, I had nerve pain on my skin in a few random locations and the skin on my back was irritated. Now, 2 hours after I've gotten the vaccines, I feel, well, like crap, like I've been hit by a bus. More nerve pain, which I've already taken a pain killer for, muscle pain, which I've taken flexeril for (and hoping the Fioricet works for as well), and jut generally weak all around.

Has anyone else had this experience with vaccinations or shots of any kind? I don't remember this happening when I got my flu shot previously.

Thanks in advance.
    Diagnosis: May, 2008
    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Tetanus can cause muscle soreness. I usually pre-medicate with Ibuprofen prior to having it and schedule it on a day when I can kind of hang out at home and relax in case I feel cruddy.

The flu shot is not the same as the pneumonia shot but has been reported to cause mild flu like symptoms in a fair number of people depending on which type you received.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/...ects.htm#ppv23
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

My PCP elected to not give me my HIB vaccine at my last appointment because I was having a flare. She felt it was best not to introduce anything else into my immune system and I agreed. She can store it for up to 6 months for me.

Are you having a flare, or do you have these other symptoms (weak legs, nerve pain) all of the time ?

Comment

Nothing like trying to keep youself healthy causes you to feel yucky. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon and find that it's jsut a small racation and not an exacerbation.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

No - well, the nerve pain in my skin in various locations is leftover from my recent flare that ended a couple of weeks ago. I'll take the pain in only a couple of spots and the irritation on my back if it means I don't have to go back to the skin nerve pain I WAS experiencing. The weakness in my legs this morning I'm not sure where it came from - I woke up with it, but it wasn't there yesterday.
          Diagnosis: May, 2008
          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

I had a flare after the pneumonia vaccine. Anything that messes with your immune system has the potential to trigger symptoms. For most this doesn't happen, but anything is possible with this whacky disease.

Comment

Working...
            X