Neuro follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuro follow up

Well yesterday was my follow up with my neuro about ON issues. It seems all I had were sinus issues. At least that's what we finally determined so that was good news. He did tell not to hestitate to call him but he told me not to worry about myself my body will tell when I need to call.

IMO the best thing that came from the appt. was him explaining to my wife about MS. She asked him when we would see some results from the Avonex. He said you won't and of course she did understand that. He told her MS'ers will always have sx's just somedays are worse than others. He said we will know if the med is working if he does not have a relapse. So she now understands everything I had been trying to explain to her.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

That is good news - sinus issues are better than ON.

I know that you were concerned about your wife not "getting it". I am so glad that your neuro was able to explain things and that she understands now. That must be a huge relief.

Comment

Good deal on both the sinus issue and the information for you wife. I'm sure you're both a bit more relieved.
      What if trials of this life
      Are Your mercies in disguise?
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I'll use your thread to post about a similar experience, that i think is funny, but does illustrate that just because a person is older with MS does not mean that everything is from age or MS...

in dec, my knees started hurting so bad, i started using a cane for a while again. thought it was from ms. started using a cane in stores especially because my knees hurt too much to stop my motion when in the crowded stores at christmas time so i was bumping into people all the time. used the cane to stop my motion before i bumped into someone.

at next doc appointment told the doc about this change, thinking it must be from ms, right?
        she said no it doesn't sound like MS, it sounds more like arthritis. Well I'm 48 so i guess arthritis must start sometime & for me its starting at 48.

I was thinking about buying about $1300 elliptical trainer because that is suppose to be easier on knees & i really need a way to excersize.

spoke to my mom about spending my money in savings buying an eliptical trainer, went to a fitness gymn to check them out. my mom looked at my excersize bike and noticed that i really had the seat too low for me.

i set the seat so low during that time when i was babysitting my 4-5 year old neice so she could jump on the bike and reach the peddles, not much else for her to do in my apartment. then i forgot top raise it back up to my height. so i was using an excersize bike sized for a 4-5 year old about an hour a day.

my knees became sore. i had a cane from past MS relapses, so i just started using that. stopped using my excersize bike because my knees hurt too much. looked at
        $1300 elliptical trainers.

now i have a new symptom: sore knees.i have ms and i'm over 40. it must be one of those things causing it?

the easier cause was to blame it on one of those 2 thing: Age or MS & the correct more difficult cause to determine is improperly sized exersize equipment...LOL

it's as erma bombeck said..growing old is not for the faint hearted & i will add a corollary that a person needs to be really smart to survive growing old with MS!! LOL
        xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
        X