Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Mindset: Membership & 1-1 Support

Hi everyone,

I would like to start a new thread to introduce our non-profit organization called Outdoor Mindset that unites and inspires people affected by neurological challenges through a common passion for the outdoors.

If you are or have been affected by a neurological challenge & have a passion for the outdoors; join Outdoor Mindset as a member to participate in our programs, gain access to special events, participate in exclusive give-aways, access member discounts & perks, and more.

The Outdoor Mindset Guide Program connects newly-diagnosed people facing MS (Travelers) with someone who has experience with MS and shares a passion for the outdoors (Guides). We link spouses, parents, children and other family members and friends (Supporters) with someone like them as well. These one-on-one relationships inspire hope, instill passion for maintaining outdoor lives and enable our Travelers to receive support from someone uniquely familiar with their experiences.

I'm hoping to start a conversation with everyone that believes in our mission and would like to join OM!

You can learn more & register to become a member by visiting Outdoor Mindset on the web, just google us!

MSWorld is such an amazing resource and we're hoping to supplement this awesome online community with our membership and Guide Program.

Much thanks,

The Outdoor Mindset Crew

Nice Site!

Interesting, but how does it work?

BTW, here is the link for everyone: http://www.outdoormindset.org/

It sort of looks like meetup group without a specific city. Maybe you could describe it a little more. I imagine you're in the building stage now. Also, some of it doesn't involve the outdoors, right?

Comment

I am a guide for the program myself, it isn't at least at this time a "meet up" group, It is as the web site explains a place for those that enjoy outdoor activities to talk and gain support on how to continue these activities more on a 1 to 1 basis. The program is for all individuals with nuerological problems not just MS. It is quite easy to become either a guide to help or a traveler to recieve some guidance from others. There is a sign up page at the web site and after completing it someone from the group will call you and discuss the program with you and fit you in as needed.

I myself still play golf and have volunteered to "guide" any "travelers" who also enjoy golf but may find difficulties in participating in it by possibly helping them overcome challenges with the game both physically and mentally, the old saying 2 heads are better than one.

It seems to be a very good program and hope it expands, if it helps one person it is worth it.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
        I am a guide for the program myself, it isn't at least at this time a "meet up" group, It is as the web site explains a place for those that enjoy outdoor activities to talk and gain support on how to continue these activities more on a 1 to 1 basis. The program is for all individuals with nuerological problems not just MS. It is quite easy to become either a guide to help or a traveler to recieve some guidance from others. There is a sign up page at the web site and after completing it someone from the group will call you and discuss the program with you and fit you in as needed.

I myself still play golf and have volunteered to "guide" any "travelers" who also enjoy golf but may find difficulties in participating in it by possibly helping them overcome challenges with the game both physically and mentally, the old saying 2 heads are better than one.

It seems to be a very good program and hope it expands, if it helps one person it is worth it.
        I am sooooooooooooo inerested. Do i have to go download or click on or whatever? i am so over the computer,what do i do?

Comment

go to the web site at www.outdoormindset.org everything you need is there
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks Scooter24; you're right on! To learn more, join as a member, and/or enroll in our Guide Program; just visit the website and click the link on the right side of the homepage that says 'Join Outdoor Mindset'.

Also, if you're over the computer; just give us a ring at 720-251-4166 and we'll chat over the phone to set you up!

Here's to living big everyone; hope to talk with you soon!

Kyle @ Outdoor Mindset.

Comment

Working...
            X