Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain!!!

Hello-
    I am wondering if this has happened to anyone? About 6 months ago, both of my hands went numb. 2 weeks ago I had my yearly MRI and sure enough I got my first cervical lesion. My MS is progressing. Switching to new medication. However, starting last week I had a few experiences that are new to me...and extremely painful!

It started in my hands and it's almost like a charlie horse or cramp that will not go away! It hurts like hell! It has done it a few times to my legs, but not as much as my hands. I cannot believe how painful it feels. It lasts anywhere from a few minutes to the whole day. Pain med does nothing for it. Baclofen did help once.

Do you think this is spasticity increasing? Im on 20 mg of baclofen, should I increase? Neuro says if I need to I can increase at my own pace. I can't take the pain! It takes my breath away!!

It mainly happens in my left hand. I try to stretch it out, rub it, I cannot get relief! Please help if you have had this happen to you. Im at my pain threshold today with it. Thanks
    The Best things in life....aren't things!

The first time I had this happen it was a muscle in my back, thank goodness it only lasted minutes, it took my breath away.

Next it was my foot, and my toes sometimes. Stretching it out is the only way I get it to stop spasming. If it lasted as long as you say, I'd consider upping my medication to try and get to a point that this happens infrequently.

Yes, I think it's spasticity, but I don't really know what my trigger is, it often happens after exercise. Also wearing shoes that make my toes grip harder can trigger those.

Comment

moving "cramps"

They are awful, aren't they? I got them in my calves, in the muscles around my shoulder blades, in my biceps. Since I started Betaseron, and magnesium and calcium and alpha lipoic and acetyl carnitine, Vit D, they are less, but not gone.

Good luck. Let us know what you try, and what helps.

karen
      You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I've only had it happen in my hands a few times. Happens in my calfs, and TOES!! ALOT!! And yes it sucks!! I'm on 2-4mg Zanaflex every 8hrs, 10mg Baclofen 3 times a day, and Meprigan for pain. Some days it doesn't help any!! I was pretty much confind to my bed for 4-5days last week because of it!

Hang in there!! Hope you and your doctor find something that works for you!!

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

froggirl88 if you look at a lot of us we are on way more meds! I just get by with Bacofen 3x's a day - 20 in a.m, 30 in 6 hours, 30 6hrs later, then sleep.

Good luck!
          Florida ~ MS Diag. 1998 with optic neuritis.

Comment

Hi, that sort of thing happens to me in my hands, feet, back etc. It hurts SO much. I am sorry it is happening to you too. I take 20 mg of baclofen 3x a day, and then also take 300 mg of gabapentin 4x a day. I take 100 mg of topamax at night. Pain from this stuff is not fun. HUGS.
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Been there, done that! BUT never connected it to the MS.I wonder if a lot of what I have now is Spastcity? I tend to accept the pain and not really wonder what is causing it. But some of the posts sound just like like me. I only know that I am in a lot of pain all the time. But if it is anyplace other that my leg's or neck I figure it is something else.

I guess I will pay more attention
              Sissy

Comment

Working...
              X