Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I'm new here and feeling very confused/disturbed by some symptoms I've been experiencing over the last year. I have a brain MRI tomorrow afternoon. My symptoms are:
    - Bladder issues for about 4 months last year with no infection, including frequent urination and waking up to six times a night to urinate.
    - various small, but recurring, twitches in various parts of my body.
    -a very scary muscle spasm in the muscle over my shin whilst I was driving about 6 weeks ago.
    - constant tingling in my nose for the last 6 or so weeks
    -fatigue, slightly poor balance and slight slurring of my speech. This I've been attributing to my long work hours and early starts, (and insomnia) but it seems that no matter how much I sleep I still feel tired
    - terrible depression for much of the last 18mths (I'm ok now), which included bouts of excessive crying (triggered by emotion but way over the top).
    - RLS for many years
    -insomnia for many years but which has been significantly worse in the last 18mths, probably linked to the depression
    - just these last 2 days, what feels like carpal and cubital tunnel. I feel like I've hit my funny bone and my fingers, wrists and forearms are tingling and very painful. Both my ppinky finger and thumb are the worst fingers, with the left hand worse overall. I was awake from 2:30am today because the pain was interrupting my sleep (painkillers didn't seem to help).

I guess I'm just looking for some insight, recognition (or not!) or understanding from others who may have experienced similar. I'm a 30 yr old woman who is generally very healthy and I've just caught my first head cold in more than 9 months. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself as I've just yesterday lost my job at a wonderful place (nothing personal, the business is ceasing trading).

Welcome to the club

Welcome. You will find many helpful suggestions and possibly answers here on this website. You are not alone, by any means. Sorry to hear that you are suffering. I too have many of the symptoms you speak of. Take one at a time and consult your doc. Sometimes it feels overwhelming, but take a deep breath and ask for help. Whether it's your doctor or just from a friend. I hope your MRI turns out ok. Hang in there.
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

Similar problems

I have most of those LOL. I would be happy to add u to my list of friends.

April

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the MRI and finding out what's going on with you. Let us know, ok.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Welcome, and good luck on the MRI. I hate to say I hope the MRI shows SOMETHING for you, but I know how relieved you can feel when you finally have something you can put a name to - my MS diagnosis was easy to get, but I had suffered from fibromyalgia for two years before I got the diagnosis.
          Diagnosis: May, 2008
          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Thank you
            I had the MRI this afternoon and it was the first time I've had one before, though I had a quick CT scan many years ago. I was fine, though I was worried I'd cough at one point (it passed), and I kept my eyes closed. It was nice to rest and not have to do anything tbh. The most concerning thing now is that I am yet to get my eyebrow piercing back in and I don't think my 6 year old is going to be much help :lol

But seriously, I've got two days of work to get through and then my appointment with my GP first thing on Friday. My hands are less painful now but are still tingly and are feeling temperature strangely. They are mostly icy, (it is cold here but not that cold), and when they feel heat they kind of burn. I'll bring it up with the GP on Friday anyway. It may just be something to do with the cold virus I've come down with, though it is a rather odd symptom for that kind of thing.

Comment

I'm happy the MRI went ok for you, well barring your jewelry issues. I'm such a baby I wouldn't have been able to get the piercing in the first place. Only 1 set of piercings in the traditional ear lobe and I threw up between one ear and the other. LOL, LOL

Hopefully, all will be figured out soon!
              What if trials of this life
              Are Your mercies in disguise?
              "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Just popping back in to update. The MRI of my brain came back clear, as did a CT scan of my neck and my bladder ultrasound was normal. B12 shot hasn't made any difference so far but I'll have them weekly for 3 weeks before I know for sure. The hand tingling has eased off a lot, and I wonder if it was stress related (it hasn't gone altogether though so who knows!). Now that I've got the MRI results, finished up at work and am on university holidays I'm feeling very relaxed. My GP is determined to get to the bottom of this, and he's a rare kind who calls me with my results as soon as they come in and genuinely cares. I feel confident we'll work it out. I'll pop back in here to update when I do. Thanks for all your support!

Comment

Hi Green Gully,
                  Hopefully the B12 will take care of your nerve pain and your MRI will remain clear. As you may already be aware, some MS victims have normal MRIs. Keep in touch and let us know how you fare.

Comment

Working...
                  X