@ Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies June 26 '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Rest Area 51 Paging ALL MS Newbies June 26 '11

Welcome to Rest Area 51... a special haven or your New MS family for newbies Dx'd w/MS in recent days or years and newbies at . Being a newbie can be as scary and lonely as being in limbo, Remember we are you family away from family. The BIG question answered, means many more new questions and decisions.

If you have not taken a advantage of our Rest Area 51 lately, PLEASE grace us with your presence, take a break from the MSuper hwy and let us know how YOU, a member of our MS newbies family is doing. For those who stop in and say hello each week, thanks.

Hope everyone had a great week!

Pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot Pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the crisp cool fresh air . Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

Remember:
    Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question.....
    ..........................is the one NOT asked.

Newbies..... a quick short note.
    If you are real new and confused about meds, either DMDs, aka CRABs or Sx relief, I suggest you check out the medications forum for more specific related postings on that topic. Feel free to ask questions here about how we made whatever decision WE made.

?How was your Week? ........

...Good I hope, Any Dr. apts tests etc?

? What does the new week have in store for you?
    ....Any Dr. apts. tests etc.

Gomer Dr. of, Been There, Done That

I know that MS and Arthritis are related via XXXXX

A month ago I began to get pain in my thumb joints which was nothing new. I've had it off and on all my life. Both my mother and sister have Rheumatoid Arth.

One of the questions they asked me when I was being dx'd was, "Does anyone in your family have Rheumatoid Arthritis?"

Usually my Arth. acts up, like most people, with oncoming bad wx. ( There was a halo around the sun today which forbodes stormy weather within three days and we have been having a lot of thunderstorms lately plus two tropical storms playing around down south of us. The pain gets really bad during the tropical season but usually just the thumbs.)

Recently the pain seems to be spreading. I have just joint pain in a couple of fingers on both hands and the same for toes and foot bones. It doesn't feel MSish. It's tolerable but annoying and painful when doing certain tasks.

The only change in my regimen is adding vitamins. I am on vit. D, B12, Lopoic acid with L-Carnitine and a reg. daily vit. I've been discussing this with my friends in the Nutritional Forum this link.

No old jokes from Gomer. But I am open to everyone else. I know how old gomer is.
    Dave
    J:
    Wx: cooler and wetter. 85 deg. (practically cold) 95 - 100% hum.

Comment

OK...So my memory isn't that good.

In the title of my last entry I left two words out because I couln't remember them. Then in the first line I needed them again so I put XXX to remind me to go back and insert them when I remembered. I generally remember while writing. And then !!! I closed the note without remembering or inserting it.

THE WORDs ARE..."autoimmune disorders."

Now see, I could have been dishonest and asked you to fill in the blank. But NOOOooooo!

Ok Gomer you are now officially included to use the old jokes or MS jokes. If you can remember any.

Dave
      J:

Comment

Michelle new to MS world

I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I take a crap load of pills from gabapentin to zoloft and copaxone injects and much more. I just came off of 5 iv soulumedrol and have done that 15 times over the last 2 years. My hands feel like they are on fire with pins and needles. This is some of the worst nerve pain. I am not sure if in the past 2 yrs I have had a symptom free week. I do know my brain has many lesions left and right hemisphere and frontal lobe. I am lonely and frustrated, if I walked threw the house and my arm fell off I think I might get some understanding/concern but you cant see what I feel and what is happening to me. I am very grateful for little to no leg involvement. I am grateful I can walk to the bathroom myself. I know were all my parts are so that's good I just make sure I wash my hands extra good seeing that I don't have good feeling in them. I do use the toilet tissue I just don't know about the accuracy! lol wink wink ok no that wasn't a wink it was a twitch~~~~~Michelle

Comment

J-man... what R U trying to do here, shake and stir my cog-fog?

Sorry folks....... I have been having LOG IN PROBLEMS here lately. By the time I actually get logged in, my humor bone has been fractured due to frustration.

Gomer

Comment

Vitamins, Arthritis and Neuro continued.

I did not take any of the vitamins the day before. Today - no arthritic pain!

Yesterday I only took the Vit. D. and it was a painful day. I am off my Rebif since May because of costs. Working on that with the VA. and am in remission so I may not need the higher level of "D." I am supposed to have labs this week so...

I will see my Neuro around first of August.

GET THIS...I wrote my Neuro about not being called back after four calls re. my hospitalization and accidental OD of Lithium. He called me at 8:30 pm Sunday night to apologize for not getting back with me. He said this is the first he heard of my problems. (I sent him a letter marked "personal.) " What a great guy and Doc. How many Docs do you know that would do this. Just wanted to pass on that there are some really great Neuros for those of you who have problems with your's.

Dave
            J:

Comment

VA Diatician ( Spelling )

Well that was a waste of time and gas. But its not over. I had to fill out a detailed questionaire that gets fed into a computer that will calculate a detailed diet for me. I will get that in a week or two. There was nothing said about cravings. I crave anything with salt. I have no problem avoiding sugars. ( Love chips, fries, anchovies, and even rock salt. - My blood pressures is good - yes Gomer. )

My problem with her is that she and the questionaire failed to take a lot of things into consideration. ...like I have MS. and I probably will be back on medications in a month or two.
              I have a back problem etc., etc.

I will hold judgment until I get the computerized diet and exercize plan.

Oh and my Arthritis is back so it may not be the vitamins. Maybe its fringe MS. symptoms if there is such a thing. It's painful but its something that I have never had to this extreme. I can handle this pain but it is just a pain in the butt ...er hands and feet! I am at a loss.

I am still painting and the loss of that ability was something that was a symptom of MS. The fact that I am still painting says that I am still in remission. Right now I am doing a piece for my son's office. I am really excited about it. I feel like my pilot light has lit my burner for my art.

I hope that all of you have a great weekend.
              Dave
              J:

Comment

Hi J-man.........

I responded, ? I THOUGHT ? to this thread and it ended up on a week old thread... Me is , Myself is I am ???

Did I forget to tell you the VA is a mixed bag?

Now J.man, R a lot closer to your VA than I am to mine.. Heck even Tampa VA is closer to Lakeland than my AAVA here in Jokeson.

I am still venturing thru a horror story on the bone tumor issue.

Hey I go on with ONLY a single LOG-IN..... sumtin is wrong?

Michelle..... WELCOME

Gomer

Comment

Gomer

When you say "closer" do you mean (affectionatly or distance).

I hope things work out for you with you Ca. and your leg.

Deb and students are now mid-Atlantic on a flight home. They have been spending the past ten days touring around France and Spain. Yayyy! No more of my "cooking." PBJ's and egg sandwiches.

She should get in around 5:00 pm. today. I probably won't see much of her as she flew from Madrid to London to Miami to Tampa. They will probably have to carry her of the plane. ( I went with her once and it took four students and her to get me conscious enough to get off of the plane. JET LAG not drugs or alcohol. ) She will either head for bed or be so high on adrenalin we will be up all night talking.

You never know how much you need and love your caretaker until they are away.

One day I will learn your real name. Gomer is one of those appearing dumb but very intelligent kind of people. I can't see you as dumb but intelligent. So the name doesn't seem to fit you. Oh yeah - military.

Take care everybody.
                  Dave
                  J: Wx - Rainy season is here. After three months of drought it has been in the 70's and afternoon thunderstoms for past three days.

Comment

Working...
                  X