Is it wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it wrong

Is it wrong that this evening I invited a bunch of my lady friends over to visit (with or without their babies) and when they all left around ten I was relieved that they didn't want to stay any later.

I was really enjoying their company and it has been a long time since I had just the ladies visit but I always go to bed early these days and felt some what statisfied when they suggested leaving early (babies were present).

I invited people over for 6 and was happy to start cleaning up at 10.

I feel like I am too young to be ready to call it a night at 10But here I am, 11:00 and everything is cleaned up and I am ready for bed on a saturday night.

Perhaps I should just be happy that I wasn't the one that suggested an early night. three out of four of my guest have small children/babies and one had been at an end of the year staff party last night. I think it is a little funny that I have the same stamina as three ladies with children under five and one person with a hangover! haha!

Just thought I would share! Perhaps I should always hang out with my friend with babies, then I would feel like the one with lots of engery and get up and go!

LOL

This post just made me smile!! Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the giggle.

Comment

It sounds like a nice evening no matter how early it wrapped up.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

No, I'd say it was win-win all round. And 11pm is really quite late, nearly midnight, you rager you. I'm betting the ladies with babies were just as happy to go home to bed.

Comment

Ha

Isn't it great to have friends that can come over for only four hours and still have a great time?!

If you had overdone it and felt fatigued then you wouldn't be likely to do it again any time soon. Now you might.

My friends joke that you could set the moon by me- around 8:00 I start to slow down.

Today we are taking the kids to an exotic animal park. Of course we are going at 9:00 in the morning.

One of them already suggested we be done by 3:00 so her son and I can take our naps!

I am glad you enjoyed yourself and I bet your friends did too. Everyone needs a bit of buddy time.

Comment

You are fortunate to have great friends who will come visit you ! 10 pm is late for me, too.

My brain turns to mush at 8 pm every night, and I will usually read until 9 and then watch TV for little while in bed.

I make myself go out with my girlfriends. I am usually tired, but it is great to have the companionship. We do dinner and drinks and I'm usually home by 9 pm at the latest.

Glad you enjoyed your evening, and it is OK to be relieved when things wrap up early. I always am !

Comment

It sounds as though you've had a great evening but maybe you were saddened that you couldn't last longer. It's hard, giving up a part of your life where you were active and could go, go, go. It also sounds like you made the most of the time you could handle. Congrats, that's quite a hurdle.
              What if trials of this life
              Are Your mercies in disguise?
              "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Originally posted by nappy View Post
                Isn't it great to have friends that can come over for only four hours and still have a great time?!

If you had overdone it and felt fatigued then you wouldn't be likely to do it again any time soon. Now you might.

My friends joke that you could set the moon by me- around 8:00 I start to slow down.

Today we are taking the kids to an exotic animal park. Of course we are going at 9:00 in the morning.

One of them already suggested we be done by 3:00 so her son and I can take our naps!

I am glad you enjoyed yourself and I bet your friends did too. Everyone needs a bit of buddy time.
                I see you and I are opposites - unless I take medication that is guaranteed to make me really tired, about 7 or 8 pm is when my energy kicks in, and I'm dragging earlier in the day.

To the OP, I'm glad you had a lovely time, and it was a good thing that they decided to make an early night of it, both for their energy and for yours. Hope you enjoy it as much next time.
                Diagnosis: May, 2008
                Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Sounds like a great time. And I am like you always glad when everyone leaves. I am even relieved when my dd and her family leave early, even though I love seeing them.

Early nights can be fun too.

JudySz

Comment

Working...
                  X