Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numbness increasing-What is the next stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbness increasing-What is the next stage?

Hi everyone,

Recovering from my spinal headache still and might need an IV caffeine when I go for more testing next week.
    But my Lupus is flaring badly, slightly having a viral flu-like thing and now my neuro symptoms progress even faster and more.
    I feel a lot less in my limbs: arms, legs, hands, feet.
    Now also facial involved, cheeks, mouth an tongue I feel a lot less.
    My legs feel like pudding if I move them.
    If I grab something it feels really weird.
    Or when someone touches me hand or however I barely feel it.
    And it's like I don't have a lot of strength anymore in my hands and such, like really weak and just sloppy..'hanging' there doing nothing.
    I just wonder what is the next stage?....It scares me.

Hi Shani

Recovering from my spinal headache still and might need an IV caffeine when I go for more testing next week.
    I had a caffeine IV several years ago after my LP. At the time I never knew there was such a thing.....

Shani, it sounds like you're having a tough time, with a slew of symptoms. Sorry you're going through that.

I just wonder what is the next stage?....It scares me.
    I don't think anyone can really answer that question, especially since you are undergoing tests to find out the cause of your symptoms. There is no other diagnosis at this time, other than Lupus, is that right?

In any case, if you do have MS, you could be in a flare - in which case your symptoms could remit, or some of them remain. It's so darn unpredictable.

Hopefully soon you'll find out what's going on.

Wishing you some relief!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you Koko, and yes I have Lupus.
      This just all makes it more difficult because of my immune system already attacking several places other than my CNS now.
      But I'm determined to find it.

Comment

Working...
      X